Re: compressHTML ON by default ?

De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

> It wouldn't be appropriate for me to make that decision, and I don't
> really have a strong opinion on it either way.
>
> That would be consistent with these other things so we certainly could
> do it that way.
>
> We should solicit opinions on it, but that should really happen on the
> dev list.
>
> In fact, this whole thread should probably have been on the dev list...
>
> -David

Yes, I agree. I wanted to make it well known, done :o)

Jacques

> On Nov 21, 2007, at 12:59 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:
>
> > David,
> >
> > Your reply got me to thinking... should we have screen widget
> > boundary comments turned ON by default?
> >
> > -Adrian
> >
> > David E Jones wrote:
> >
> >> The general practice (kind of policy...) for SVN is that everything
> >> in  it should be development oriented. When you check out from SVN,
> >> you  get a set of configuration values that put timeouts on caches
> >> for auto- reloading, and so on.
> >> This is why we have production setup documentation, namely:
> >> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide
> >>  What should be done in this case is have it OFF by default, and
> >> make  sure it is documented in the above mentioned document.
> >> This is the practice with everything else, and should be the
> >> practice  with this.
> >> -David

Adrian Crum
Jacques,

Thank you for updating the Production Setup guide, but...

compressHTML is controlled by the parameters.compressHTML element, not by a setting in
general.properties. See my comment at the bottom of the Wiki page.

-Adrian

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
>
>>It wouldn't be appropriate for me to make that decision, and I don't
>>really have a strong opinion on it either way.
>>
>>That would be consistent with these other things so we certainly could
>>do it that way.
>>
>>We should solicit opinions on it, but that should really happen on the
>>dev list.
>>
>>In fact, this whole thread should probably have been on the dev list...
>>
>>-David
>

> Yes, I agree. I wanted to make it well known, done :o)
>
> Jacques
>

>>On Nov 21, 2007, at 12:59 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:
>>

>>>David,
>>>
>>>Your reply got me to thinking... should we have screen widget
>>>boundary comments turned ON by default?
>>>
>>>-Adrian

Thanks for correction Adrian,

I put it from the top of my head. But I wonder now if we should not put this more obivous and accessible as a property (did we not
already discussed this ? Same scrambled mind...)

OK, it's really very minor actually...

Jacques

De : "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>

> Jacques,
>
> Thank you for updating the Production Setup guide, but...
>
> compressHTML is controlled by the parameters.compressHTML element, not by a setting in
> general.properties. See my comment at the bottom of the Wiki page.
>
> -Adrian
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
> > De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>
> >
> >>It wouldn't be appropriate for me to make that decision, and I don't
> >>really have a strong opinion on it either way.
> >>
> >>That would be consistent with these other things so we certainly could
> >>do it that way.
> >>
> >>We should solicit opinions on it, but that should really happen on the
> >>dev list.
> >>
> >>In fact, this whole thread should probably have been on the dev list...
> >>
> >>-David
> >

> > Yes, I agree. I wanted to make it well known, done :o)
> >
> > Jacques

You suggested it, but nothing was done about it. I was busy at the time with the FOP stuff. I'll
take a look at it over the holiday.

-Adrian

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> Thanks for correction Adrian,
>
> I put it from the top of my head. But I wonder now if we should not put this more obivous and accessible as a property (did we not
> already discussed this ? Same scrambled mind...)
>
> OK, it's really very minor actually...
>
> Jacques
>
> De : "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>
>
>>Jacques,
>>
>>Thank you for updating the Production Setup guide, but...
>>
>>compressHTML is controlled by the parameters.compressHTML element, not by a setting in
>>general.properties. See my comment at the bottom of the Wiki page.
>>
>>-Adrian
>>
>>Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>

>>>De : "David E Jones" <[hidden email]>

>>>Yes, I agree. I wanted to make it well known, done :o)
>>>
>>>Jacques

Hi Adrian,

I saw your patch and discussion with David on Jira. I will take care of it soon

De : "Adrian Crum" <[hidden email]>