Re: object instance security

snowch
Anil,

Sorry to be a pain - I've installed the latest patch but I can't see
what it actually does, or how it will enable me to use fine grained
access control in my application.  Any chance you could point me in the
right direction?

Many thanks,

Chris

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 12:17 +0000, Christopher Snow wrote:

> Chris,
> Please take a look at following Issue.
>
> Andrew is leading an Effort for Implementing security Permission management
> that will satisfy the requirements specified in your emails. Very soon I
> will submit patch that implements the Granting Permission using PartyGroup
> membership
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel
>

> On 2/4/07, Christopher Snow <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on this requirement?  Any information that
> > may point me in the right direction will be much appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > Chris

Re: object instance security

Anil Patel
Chris,
With this new pattern of Permission check we intend to check if user has
permission to Edit a Particular record in database. Jira issue Ofbiz-615 is
effort to secure a WorkEffort record. Only the user who is in CAL_OWNER or
CAL_DELEGATE role with a WorkEffort can modify the record. Like If on my
calender I have a scheduled meeting, this will be stored as WorkEffort
record and a Record in table "WorkEffortPartyAssignment" will have record Me
in CAL_OWNER role with WorkEffort.

I hope this helps.
Regards
Anil Patel