Recreating database using real data and seed data

Recreating database using real data and seed data

Dave Tenerowicz
We are finding that we need to recreate the database periodically in the
course of development by re-loading the seed data . However, we also
have some "real" catalog, category and product data included in the
development instance for testing purposes. Currently we re-load the seed
data, then re-import some actual representative "real"
catalog/category/product data via XML data import.

Is this the best way to do this? Is there some way to incorporate some
"real" data into a copy of seed data so we don't have to do the multi
step import each time?

How are others dealing with this sort of thing?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6727
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: Recreating database using real data and seed data

cjhowe
You would do this through the entity-data-reader(s)

In the ofbiz-component.xml in the ecommerce component for example
you'll notice the demo data is defined as

    <entity-resource type="data" reader-name="demo" loader="main"
location="data/DemoProduct.xml"/>

for your data you would simply add

<entity-resource type="data" reader-name="ext" loader="main"
location="data/YourData.xml"/>

--- Dave Tenerowicz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are finding that we need to recreate the database periodically in
> the
> course of development by re-loading the seed data . However, we also
> have some "real" catalog, category and product data included in the
> development instance for testing purposes. Currently we re-load the
> seed
> data, then re-import some actual representative "real"
> catalog/category/product data via XML data import.
>
> Is this the best way to do this? Is there some way to incorporate
> some
> "real" data into a copy of seed data so we don't have to do the multi
>
> step import each time?
>
> How are others dealing with this sort of thing?
>
> --
> Dave Tenerowicz
> [hidden email]
>
> Office: 303.493.6727
> Mobile 303.906.6116
> Fax 303.814.8330
>
> Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: Recreating database using real data and seed data

Dave Tenerowicz
Chris-

Thank you! This will be much easier!
-Dave