Release Branch Purpose Reminder

David E Jones

Just a quick reminder for all committers and those keeping an eye things: commits to the release branch should be for bug fixes only and not for new features.

Sometimes the line between these might be difficult to distinguish, but in most cases (there are exceptions) anything that changes how the system functions or flows in any way other than correcting something that was expected based on previous efforts would be a new features. Most of the time data model changes are new features. Most of the time performance enhancements are new features. Most of the time new methods and services correspond with new features.

Anyway, I'm writing because based on a review of some recent commits there are some borderline cases, and some that I would say are definitely new features and not just bug fixes.

-David