Remove as much as possible delete and remove services

Re: Remove as much as possible delete and remove services

Paul Foxworthy
On 2 August 2017 at 18:14, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> what I meant is a new single component where move all
> services to it. The reason I suggested that is to reduce "mass
> operations" and make them into one.

Hi Taher,

I'm still not clear what you have in mind. By "mass operation", I think you
mean that we are proposing significant change that will affect most or all
components in OFBiz. When you say "all services", do you really mean every
one of them, or just all the expire and delete services?

Partitioning of services by business area (accounting, catalog, facility,
party etc) is deeply entrenched in OFBiz, and I think preferable to
partitioning by technical function (e.g. expire and delete services). Or
are you suggesting we eliminate components altogether?

Cheers

Paul

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Phone: +61 3 9585 6788
Web: http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
Email: [hidden email]
--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/

Re: Remove as much as possible delete and remove services

taher
Hi Paul,

I will start a new thread later on to keep this one focused like others
suggested. I should take my time and really develop the idea and then share
it on the ML.

Cheers,

On Aug 4, 2017 5:17 AM, "Paul Foxworthy" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2 August 2017 at 18:14, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > what I meant is a new single component where move all
> > services to it. The reason I suggested that is to reduce "mass
> > operations" and make them into one.
> >

> Hi Taher,
>
> I'm still not clear what you have in mind. By "mass operation", I think you
> mean that we are proposing significant change that will affect most or all
> components in OFBiz. When you say "all services", do you really mean every
> one of them, or just all the expire and delete services?
>
> Partitioning of services by business area (accounting, catalog, facility,
> party etc) is deeply entrenched in OFBiz, and I think preferable to
> partitioning by technical function (e.g. expire and delete services). Or
> are you suggesting we eliminate components altogether?
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd