Removing Demo Products from Web Store

knowledgeblueba
I am trying to remove demo products from our webstore we have created. I have created a catalog and category under that catalog. This catalog is the only catalog that is associated with our store. I have removed products from their category and tried some other things but to no avail.

Why are their still demo products on the store and how can I remove them?

I would prefer not to do an 'ant clean all' process because there are a lot of things associated with products and I have create some products that I don't want wiped out.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Brock

Re: Removing Demo Products from Web Store

Walter Vaughan
knowledgeblueba wrote:

> I am trying to remove demo products from our webstore we have created. I have
> created a catalog and category under that catalog. This catalog is the only
> catalog that is associated with our store. I have removed products from
> their category and tried some other things but to no avail.
>
> Why are their still demo products on the store and how can I remove them?
>
> I would prefer not to do an 'ant clean all' process because there are a lot
> of things associated with products and I have create some products that I
> don't want wiped out.

The slow manual way is the only way I know of.

The only thing that has worked for me is to follow the foreign key restraints to
the end and delete going backward. Think of it as a tree with branches and
leaves. You have to delete the leaf, then the branch, then the trunk, and
finally the root. ofBiz's use of retraints keeps you from sawing off a large
limb and your leg at the same time.

It shouldn't be that tough, unless you have orders in your system that have
those demo items. Then it'll be a pita, cause you'll have to unwind all those
tables with productId's.

Good Luck!

Walter

Re: Removing Demo Products from Web Store

knowledgeblueba
Walter

Thanks for the reply. I will start 'chop'in' then and see what I can do.

Best Regards,

Brock
Walter Vaughan wrote