Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Adrian Crum
I've been having problems with the login screen constantly appearing
since this revision - meaning I'm logged in, but when I click on various
application links I'm required to log in again.

I tried a fresh checkout - same problem. If I revert the Revision 703784
changes, the login screen stops appearing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

-Adrian

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

BJ Freeman
just to make sure do you have cookies enable for the URL you are using.
I have this type of problem, since I have to manually enable cookies for
each domain I use.

Adrian Crum sent the following on 10/14/2008 10:02 AM:

> I've been having problems with the login screen constantly appearing
> since this revision - meaning I'm logged in, but when I click on various
> application links I'm required to log in again.
>
> I tried a fresh checkout - same problem. If I revert the Revision 703784
> changes, the login screen stops appearing.
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?
>
> -Adrian

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Adrian Crum
Nothing in my browser is changed. I don't even close the browser window
between versions.

-Adrian

BJ Freeman wrote:

> just to make sure do you have cookies enable for the URL you are using.
> I have this type of problem, since I have to manually enable cookies for
> each domain I use.
>
> Adrian Crum sent the following on 10/14/2008 10:02 AM:
>> I've been having problems with the login screen constantly appearing
>> since this revision - meaning I'm logged in, but when I click on various
>> application links I'm required to log in again.
>>
>> I tried a fresh checkout - same problem. If I revert the Revision 703784
>> changes, the login screen stops appearing.
>>
>> Is anyone else having this problem?
>>
>> -Adrian

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Scott Gray
That's weird, I tested it before enabling it again and the problem had
gone away.  What domain are you accessing ofbiz through?  Just plain
old localhost?

Thanks
Scott

2008/10/15 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>:

> Nothing in my browser is changed. I don't even close the browser window
> between versions.
>
> -Adrian
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>
>> just to make sure do you have cookies enable for the URL you are using.
>> I have this type of problem, since I have to manually enable cookies for
>> each domain I use.
>>
>> Adrian Crum sent the following on 10/14/2008 10:02 AM:
>>>
>>> I've been having problems with the login screen constantly appearing
>>> since this revision - meaning I'm logged in, but when I click on various
>>> application links I'm required to log in again.
>>>
>>> I tried a fresh checkout - same problem. If I revert the Revision 703784
>>> changes, the login screen stops appearing.
>>>
>>> Is anyone else having this problem?
>>>
>>> -Adrian

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Adrian Crum
Actually, no. I'm using 127.0.0.0. Should I use localhost instead?

-Adrian

Scott Gray wrote:

> That's weird, I tested it before enabling it again and the problem had
> gone away.  What domain are you accessing ofbiz through?  Just plain
> old localhost?
>
> Thanks
> Scott
>
> 2008/10/15 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>:
>> Nothing in my browser is changed. I don't even close the browser window
>> between versions.
>>
>> -Adrian
>>
>> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>> just to make sure do you have cookies enable for the URL you are using.
>>> I have this type of problem, since I have to manually enable cookies for
>>> each domain I use.
>>>
>>> Adrian Crum sent the following on 10/14/2008 10:02 AM:

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Scott Gray
localhost will work but I'm fixing it for ip addresses now, sorry for
the trouble.

Regards
Scott

2008/10/15 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>:

> Actually, no. I'm using 127.0.0.0. Should I use localhost instead?
>
> -Adrian
>
> Scott Gray wrote:
>>
>> That's weird, I tested it before enabling it again and the problem had
>> gone away.  What domain are you accessing ofbiz through?  Just plain
>> old localhost?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Scott
>>
>> 2008/10/15 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Nothing in my browser is changed. I don't even close the browser window
>>> between versions.
>>>
>>> -Adrian

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Adrian Crum
Changing to localhost fixed it - thanks!

-Adrian

Scott Gray wrote:

> localhost will work but I'm fixing it for ip addresses now, sorry for
> the trouble.
>
> Regards
> Scott
>
> 2008/10/15 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>:
>> Actually, no. I'm using 127.0.0.0. Should I use localhost instead?
>>
>> -Adrian
>>
>> Scott Gray wrote:
>>> That's weird, I tested it before enabling it again and the problem had
>>> gone away.  What domain are you accessing ofbiz through?  Just plain
>>> old localhost?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Scott

Re: Revision 703784 (Cross domain session cookie)

Scott Gray
127.0.0.0 should work fine again after rev. 704678