Screen & Form widget question

Alex D. Fleming
Hi,

  I am asking this question just for my knowledge.
  Is there any open source project that uses concept of Form & Screen Widget other than Ofbiz ???

  Thx in advance

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Re: Screen & Form widget question

David E Jones-2

These are pretty different tools (ie the screen and form widgets),
but both are based on fairly common tools.

The Screen Widget is a presentation composition and data-preparation
separation tool. As such it is similar to Struts Tiles, JPublish,
SiteMesh, and so on.

The Form Widget is a business forms tool. There are no a whole lot of
open source projects that do this kind of thing, but most business
application frameworks have something like this, including open
source ones such as GNU Enterprise and Compiere and various others.
This is also common for 4GL tools, things like MS Access, and so
probably on the order of thousands of others...

Of course, in the case of the OFBiz Framework tools they are designed
to work together and to use the same architectural principles, data
modeling patterns, and so on. They are also designed consistently
with multi-tier concepts found in more modern enterprise
architectures, and as part of this each piece on each tier can be
replaced with different implementations without affecting the rest of
the application artifacts.

-David