Security UI

Adrian Crum-2
I'm going to start working on moving the security-related UI artifacts from the party manager component to the framework - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1868.

The first question that comes to mind is what to do with the security-related UI labels. Those will have to be moved to the common component. Right now the label keys are PartyXxxx. There is a part of me that wants to change the keys, but then that would break existing installations.

Is everyone okay with having PartyXxxx UI label keys in the common component?

-Adrian

Re: Security UI

Bruno Busco
Adrian,
I would rather prefer having it renamed to CommonXxxxx.

-Bruno

2008/11/21 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>

> I'm going to start working on moving the security-related UI artifacts from
> the party manager component to the framework -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1868.
>
> The first question that comes to mind is what to do with the
> security-related UI labels. Those will have to be moved to the common
> component. Right now the label keys are PartyXxxx. There is a part of me
> that wants to change the keys, but then that would break existing
> installations.
>
> Is everyone okay with having PartyXxxx UI label keys in the common
> component?
>
> -Adrian

Re: Security UI

> Adrian,
> I would rather prefer having it renamed to CommonXxxxx.
>
> -Bruno

It's a bit annoying because it's in the framework

Jacques

> 2008/11/21 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>
>
>> I'm going to start working on moving the security-related UI artifacts from
>> the party manager component to the framework -
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-1868.
>>
>> The first question that comes to mind is what to do with the
>> security-related UI labels. Those will have to be moved to the common
>> component. Right now the label keys are PartyXxxx. There is a part of me
>> that wants to change the keys, but then that would break existing
>> installations.
>>
>> Is everyone okay with having PartyXxxx UI label keys in the common
>> component?
>>
>> -Adrian

Re: Security UI

Adam Heath-2
Bruno Busco wrote:
> Adrian,
> I would rather prefer having it renamed to CommonXxxxx.

<pentium>
+1.000011127834856
</pentium>

Re: Security UI

Bruno Busco
:-)

2008/11/21 Adam Heath <[hidden email]>

> Bruno Busco wrote:
> > Adrian,
> > I would rather prefer having it renamed to CommonXxxxx.
>
> <pentium>
> +1.000011127834856
> </pentium>

Re: Security UI

Adrian Crum-2
If I rename them, it would be SecurityXxxx.

-Adrian

> > I would rather prefer having it renamed to
> CommonXxxxx.
>
> <pentium>
> +1.000011127834856
> </pentium>

Re: Security UI

Bruno Busco
Yes Adrian,
you are right, sorry.

-Bruno

2008/11/22 Adrian Crum <[hidden email]>

> If I rename them, it would be SecurityXxxx.
>
> -Adrian

Re: Security UI

David E Jones-3

I'm for changing them. I'm guessing (and it's just a guess... please complain if this affects you!) that there aren't
many with dependencies on this sort of label, so updating within the project should take care of nearly all, if not all,
use of these.

Also, even if we don't now, we'll want to at some point in the future. In other words, if not now then when?

-David