Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Ashish Vijaywargiya-3
Hi,

We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
demonstration.
We are facing some issues with those test cases.

1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button but I
think there might be some better option to handle this.
Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??

2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but when
this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in between).
So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the Test
cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second time ??

3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from click
and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the click
function + pause function. Something like below:

The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
above.. then I wrote the following:

The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already check the
URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/).

I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
community members would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore , India

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

BJ Freeman
you would probably get a better response from the selenium people.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
> demonstration.
> We are facing some issues with those test cases.
>
> 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button
> but I
> think there might be some better option to handle this.
> Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
>
> 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
> As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but
> when
> this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in
> between).
> So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the Test
> cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second time ??
>
> 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
> I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from click
> and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
> I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
> should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the click
> function + pause function. Something like below:

> The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
> However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
> understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
> above.. then I wrote the following:

> The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already check
> the
> URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
> http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/).
>

> I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
> I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
> community members would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Anil Patel-2
BJ,
Ashish has clearly mentioned towards the end of this Email.

> > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
> > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
> > community members would be greatly appreciated.

We all know that some of us have used Selenium for writing test cases for
Ofbiz. Learning from somebody's experience on Using Selenium with Ofbiz will
definitely be helpful.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Ashish Vijaywargiya-3
BJ,

Thanks for your response....... I never knew that I can get better response
from Selenium people  :-)
I don't know whether you have read my email completely.

I had specified that I am looking at the Selenium Forums and I also asked
question on the Selenium Forum.
Still waiting for response from Selenium User/Developers.

Here is the contents of my email :-

Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore , India

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Ashish Vijaywargiya-3
If I remembered right Peter Goron is using Selenium from more then 6 months.

Peter,

If you are reading my email can you please help me to figure out those
issues.
Thanks in advance for your kind help.

On 7/15/07, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you would probably get a better response from the selenium people.
>
> Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
> > demonstration.
> > We are facing some issues with those test cases.
> >
> > 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button
> > but I
> > think there might be some better option to handle this.
> > Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
> >
> > 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
> > As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but
> > when
> > this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in
> > between).
> > So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the Test
> > cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second time
> ??
> >
> > 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
> > I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from
> click
> > and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
> > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
> > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the
> click
> > function + pause function. Something like below:

> > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
> > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
> > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
> > above.. then I wrote the following:

> > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already check
> > the
> > URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
> > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/
> ).
> >

> > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
> > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
> > community members would be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore India

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Andrew Sykes has also some experience with Selenium IDE I guess (he wrote most part of what is already in OFBiz). But I don't know
if he is available, he seems very busy this last weeks...

Jacques

> If I remembered right Peter Goron is using Selenium from more then 6 months.
>
> Peter,
>
> If you are reading my email can you please help me to figure out those
> issues.
> Thanks in advance for your kind help.
>

> On 7/15/07, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > you would probably get a better response from the selenium people.
> >
> > Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
> > > demonstration.
> > > We are facing some issues with those test cases.
> > >
> > > 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button
> > > but I
> > > think there might be some better option to handle this.
> > > Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
> > >
> > > 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
> > > As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but
> > > when
> > > this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in
> > > between).
> > > So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the Test
> > > cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second time
> > ??
> > >
> > > 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
> > > I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from
> > click
> > > and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
> > > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
> > > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the
> > click
> > > function + pause function. Something like below:

> > > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
> > > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
> > > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
> > > above.. then I wrote the following:

> > > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already check
> > > the
> > > URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
> > > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/
> > ).
> > >

> > > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
> > > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
> > > community members would be greatly appreciated.
> > >

> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Ashish Vijaywargiya
> Indore India

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

No I did not, my apologies
but Like I do with everything, I did a google search using
Selenium Forums
got a lot of hits.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 1:58 PM:

> BJ,
>
> Thanks for your response....... I never knew that I can get better response
> from Selenium people  :-)
> I don't know whether you have read my email completely.
>
> I had specified that I am looking at the Selenium Forums and I also asked
> question on the Selenium Forum.
> Still waiting for response from Selenium User/Developers.
>
> Here is the contents of my email :-
>

> On 7/15/07, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> you would probably get a better response from the selenium people.
>>
>> Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
>> > demonstration.
>> > We are facing some issues with those test cases.
>> >
>> > 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button
>> > but I
>> > think there might be some better option to handle this.
>> > Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
>> >
>> > 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
>> > As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but
>> > when
>> > this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in
>> > between).
>> > So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the
>> Test
>> > cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second
>> time
>> ??
>> >
>> > 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
>> > I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from
>> click
>> > and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
>> > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
>> > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the
>> click
>> > function + pause function. Something like below:

>> > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
>> > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
>> > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
>> > above.. then I wrote the following:

>> > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already
>> check
>> > the
>> > URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
>> > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/
>> ).
>> >

>> > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
>> > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
>> > community members would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Vikrant.Rathore
Hi Everyone,

We are working on building test suites and functional test for our internal application in webload. We would later contribute all the test which are generic to the community. We would be using webload which I mentioned in my previous post you can see it at http://www.webload.org/.

Regards,
Vikrant

but Like I do with everything, I did a google search using
Selenium Forums
got a lot of hits.

Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 1:58 PM:

> BJ,
>
> Thanks for your response....... I never knew that I can get better response
> from Selenium people  :-)
> I don't know whether you have read my email completely.
>
> I had specified that I am looking at the Selenium Forums and I also asked
> question on the Selenium Forum.
> Still waiting for response from Selenium User/Developers.
>
> Here is the contents of my email :-
>

> On 7/15/07, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> you would probably get a better response from the selenium people.
>>
>> Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for client
>> > demonstration.
>> > We are facing some issues with those test cases.
>> >
>> > 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser "Refresh" button
>> > but I
>> > think there might be some better option to handle this.
>> > Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
>> >
>> > 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each time.
>> > As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the first time but
>> > when
>> > this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs up in
>> > between).
>> > So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code in the
>> Test
>> > cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs second
>> time
>> ??
>> >
>> > 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
>> > I would like to understand why I'm getting different behaviors from
>> click
>> > and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
>> > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
>> > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the
>> click
>> > function + pause function. Something like below:

>> > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
>> > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
>> > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
>> > above.. then I wrote the following:

>> > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already
>> check
>> > the
>> > URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
>> > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/
>> ).
>> >

>> > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
>> > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
>> > community members would be greatly appreciated.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Adding Payment/Payment Preferences to an Order

lshein
I am calling the service 'addPaymentMethodToOrder' (defined below) to add a
payment to an existing order.  It seems to be working correctly accept for
the 'status' of the payment.  The status is showing up as 'payment
authorized', I was expecting it to be a status of 'payment settled'.

What causes the payment to be authorized and captured at the same time?  Is
this the correct service call to add payment records to an order?

Service definition:
Services_paymentmethod.xml

    <service name="authOrderPaymentPreference" engine="java"

    location="org.ofbiz.accounting.payment.PaymentGatewayServices"
invoke="authOrderPaymentPreference" auth="true">

    <description>Process (authorizes/re-authorizes) a single payment for an
order with an optional overrideAmount</description>

    <attribute name="orderPaymentPreferenceId" type="String" mode="IN"
optional="false"/>

    <attribute name="overrideAmount" type="Double" mode="IN"
optional="true"/>

    <attribute name="finished" type="Boolean" mode="OUT" optional="false"/>

    <attribute name="errors" type="Boolean" mode="OUT" optional="false"/>

    <attribute name="messages" type="List" mode="OUT" optional="true"/>

    <attribute name="processAmount" type="Double" mode="OUT"
optional="true"/>

    </service>

OrderServices.xml

    <simple-method method-name="addPaymentMethodToOrder"
short-description="Create an PaymentMethodToOrder">
    <check-permission permission="ORDERMGR" action="_CREATE">
    <fail-property resource="OrderErrorUiLabels"
property="OrderSecurityErrorToRunAddPaymentMethodToOrder"/>
    </check-permission>
    <check-errors/>
    <set field="inputMap.paymentMethodId"
from-field="parameters.paymentMethodId"/>
    <set field="inputMap.maxAmount" from-field="parameters.maxAmount"/>
    <set field="inputMap.orderId" from-field="parameters.orderId"/>
    <entity-one entity-name="PaymentMethod" value-name="paymentMethod">
    <field-map field-name="paymentMethodId"
env-name="parameters.paymentMethodId"/>
    </entity-one>
    <set field="inputMap.paymentMethodTypeId"
from-field="paymentMethod.paymentMethodTypeId"/>
    <!--In this method we calls createOrderPaymentPreference and returns
orderPaymentPreferenceId field to authOrderPaymentPreference -->
    <call-service service-name="createOrderPaymentPreference"
in-map-name="inputMap" include-user-login="true">
    <result-to-field field-name="parameters.orderPaymentPreferenceId"
result-name="orderPaymentPreferenceId"/>
    </call-service>
    <field-to-result field-name="parameters.orderPaymentPreferenceId"
result-name="orderPaymentPreferenceId"/>
    </simple-method>

My apps
controller.xml

    <request-map uri="addPaymentMethodToOrder">

    <security https="true" auth="true"/>

    <event type="service" path="" invoke="addPaymentMethodToOrder"/>

    <response name="success" type="request" value="authOrderPayment"/>

    </request-map>

    <request-map uri="authOrderPayment">

    <security https="true" auth="true"/>

    <event type="service" path="" invoke="authOrderPaymentPreference"/>

    <response name="success" type="request-redirect" value="orderDetail"/>

    </request-map>

services.xml
    <service name="addPaymentMethodToOrder" engine="simple"

     location="org/ofbiz/order/order/OrderServices.xml"
invoke="addPaymentMethodToOrder" auth="true">

    <description>Add Payment Method to Order.From this servicewe will call
the createOrderPaymentPreference service to create
OrderPaymentPreference</description>

    <attribute type="String" mode="IN" name="orderId" optional="false"/>

    <attribute type="String" mode="IN" name="paymentMethodId"
optional="false"/>

    <attribute type="BigDecimal" mode="IN" name="maxAmount"/>

    <attribute type="String" mode="OUT" name="orderPaymentPreferenceId"/>

    </service>

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Ashish Vijaywargiya-3
Hi ,

Before few days I had asked questions on Selenium test cases.
I had included the email address of Peter Goron in that email.
I got excellent reply from him so thought to share with community memeber.

Peter,
Thanks for your kind reply.
I am sharing the contents of your email on the mailing list.I hope it won't
be of any problem for you.
I will get back to you with more questions  :-)

Here is the contents of Peter's reply :
Hi Ashish,

My answers are inline.

> Dear Peter,
>
> Thanks for your kind reply.
> I was waiting for reponse on this topic.
> But I thought that you would be busy so didn't ping you again.
>

>> >         Ashish Vijaywargiya sent the following on 7/15/2007 10:32 AM:
>> >         > Hi,
>> >         >
>> >         > We are trying to prepare selenium test cases on Ofbiz for
>> >         client
>> >         > demonstration.
>> >         > We are facing some issues with those test cases.
>> >         >
>> >         > 1) For running "successive" test cases I used browser
>> >         "Refresh" button
>> >         > but I
>> >         > think there might be some better option to handle this.
>> >         > Is there any option exists in Selenium IDE ??
I'm not sure to understand what you try to do.

If you want to chain execution of different tests, there is the notion of
test suite. A list of tests to run one after the other (see
http://labs.libre-entreprise.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/ofbizNeogia/neogia/manufacturing/webapp/manufacturing/tests/ManufacturingTestSuite.html?rev=1.9;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=neogia
)

Otherwise if you just want to replay the same test in a loop, I'm not
aware of a such feature in selenium. Bur if the loop is finite, you can
achieve a similar result by using a test suite that refers x times the
same test.

>> >         > 2) Suppose I have a condition to create the new user each
>> >         time.
>> >         > As I can put the value of user login say "user1" for the
>> >         first time but
>> >         > when
>> >         > this test case runs second time it generates error (It hangs
>> >         up in
>> >         > between).
>> >         > So Is there any option to put a "counter" or Javascript code
>> >         in the Test
>> >         > cases so I could create the "user2" when this test case runs
>> >         second time ??

The general problem behind you issue is how to run a test multiple times
wihtout risking duplicated primary keys or having to remove all data
created by the test.

One solution is to always create business objects with different
identifiers. Selenium provides a nice feature to do that:
you can define variables during the test execution and use them anywhere
in the test script after their creation.

Here an example based on one of my test
(
http://labs.libre-entreprise.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/ofbizNeogia/neogia/manufacturing/webapp/manufacturing/tests/TestCreateNomenclature.html?rev=1.6;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=neogia
)

<!-- create a variable named uid that contains an unique identifier -->

<!-- use of the variable named uid to fill a form entry -->

>> >         > 3) What is the difference between click and clickAndWait ??
>> >         > I would like to understand why I'm getting different
>> >         behaviors from click
>> >         > and clickAndWait functions. Here is the scenario:
>> >         > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the
>> >         page (what
>> >         > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was
>> >         using the click
>> >         > function + pause function. Something like below:
>> >         >
>> >         > <tr>
>> >         > <td>click</td>
>> >         > <td>submit</td>
>> >         > <td></td>
>> >         > </tr>
>> >         >
>> >         > <tr>
>> >         > <td>pause</td>
>> >         > <td>3000</td>
>> >         > <td></td>
>> >         > </tr>
>> >         >
>> >         > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed
>> >         with my test.
>> >         > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and,
>> >         per my
>> >         > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior
>> >         to my code
>> >         > above.. then I wrote the following:
>> >         >
>> >         > <tr>
>> >         > <td>clickAndWait</td>
>> >         > <td>submit</td>
>> >         > <td></td>
>> >         > </tr>
>> >         >
>> >         > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I
>> >         already check
>> >         > the
>> >         > URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I
>> >         click I have
>> >         > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have
>> >         http://domain/App/).

I think the right solution is to use clickAndWait command instead of
click+pause because it always success contrary to click+pause (we dont
known the page response time).

I see no reason why you don't observe the same behavior with clickAndWait.
Maybe it's because your are testing the login page that can be a little
tricky to test due to the session handling.

To be sure to always start a test in a clean session, my tests always do
the same actions :
1. logoff
2. login
3. check error

Here, an example of my standard login procedure under selenium  from
(
http://labs.libre-entreprise.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/ofbizNeogia/neogia/manufacturing/webapp/manufacturing/tests/TestProcessRouting.html?rev=1.2;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=neogia
)
<!-- Begin of standard login procedure -->
<!-- End of standard login procedure -->

Best regards,

Peter Goron

--
Thanks & Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya
Indore, India

Re: Selenium Test Cases Help Required

Thanks Ashish (and Peter in 1st place ;o)

I will put this in "my" FAQ

Jacques

De : "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <[hidden email]>

> [...]

> > I want to perform the login and then verify some text on the page (what
> > should be pretty straight forward...) My first approach was using the click
> > function + pause function. Something like below:

> > The approach above worked fine and I was able to proceed with my test.
> > However, I was looking the clickAndWait functionality and, per my
> > understanding, this function should have a simlar behavior to my code
> > above.. then I wrote the following:

> > The code above is getting a "Permission Denied" message. I already check
> > the URLs and I'm not launching a different domain (before I click I have
> > http://domain/Login/ and after the submission I have http://domain/App/).
> >

> > I know that so many persons are using Selenium IDE since very long.
> > I am also looking at Selenium Forum for help but early help from Ofbiz
> > community members would be greatly appreciated.

Done here : http://tinyurl.com/2voxna

Jacques

De : "Jacques Le Roux" <[hidden email]>