Services.xml location

BJ Freeman
I am noticing that service type xml are not all in the servicedef folder.
some are being put in the scripts folder

is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

David E. Jones

Really, where?

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:
> I am noticing that service type xml are not all in the servicedef folder.
> some are being put in the scripts folder
>
> is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

cjhowe
I think you're just noticing file names with
*service*.xml in the script directory...the one's i've
come across are actually simple-methods

--- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Really, where?
>
> -David
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
> > I am noticing that service type xml are not all in
> the servicedef folder.
> > some are being put in the scripts folder
> >
> > is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

the one I am working with now is CommunicationEventServices.xml
under party/scripts/org/ofbiz/party/communications

David E. Jones sent the following on 6/30/2006 11:29 AM:

> Really, where?
>
> -David
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> I am noticing that service type xml are not all in the servicedef folder.
>> some are being put in the scripts folder
>>
>> is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

cjhowe
There is one located at
component://content/webapp/content/WEB-INF/services.xml
all others that files that have a <services> tag are
in servicedef folders

--- Chris Howe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think you're just noticing file names with
> *service*.xml in the script directory...the one's
> i've
> come across are actually simple-methods
>
> --- "David E. Jones" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Really, where?
> >
> > -David
> >

> > BJ Freeman wrote:
> > > I am noticing that service type xml are not all
> in
> > the servicedef folder.
> > > some are being put in the scripts folder
> > >
> > > is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

Okay: that's a service implementation, not a service definition.

I very highly recommend that you view and review the Framework Introduction videos that are available for free download.

-David

BJ Freeman wrote:

> the one I am working with now is CommunicationEventServices.xml
> under party/scripts/org/ofbiz/party/communications
>
> David E. Jones sent the following on 6/30/2006 11:29 AM:
>>
>> Really, where?
>>
>> -David
>>

>> BJ Freeman wrote:
>>> I am noticing that service type xml are not all in the servicedef
>>> folder.
>>> some are being put in the scripts folder
>>>
>>> is there a design practices rule about this?

Re: Services.xml location

BJ Freeman
Yeah, I am even feeling the pressure to finally get the book on entities..
LOL.
So much for flying by the seat of my pants.

;)

David E. Jones sent the following on 6/30/2006 11:41 AM: