Shark

Sergey Shutov
Hello.

I am a final-year student of "The Nizhny Novgorod Branch of the State
University - Higher School of Economics".

I am working now on my degree work concerned the integration of Shark 1.1.2
into Ofbiz system.

I have already implemented functionality allowing business process managing
through Web and CORBA interfaces.

If it is possible to check in my changes into SVN, how can do it?

I am going to continue investigations and the next task I am going to
resolve is Integration of Shark into WorkEffort.

Can you give me any recommendations concerning this theme?

OfBiz - 48222 doesn't  have mechanism allowing to launch CORBA name service,
are you going  to add such functionality?

Best Regards

Sergey Shutov

[hidden email]

www.tecomgroup.ru

Re: Shark

David E Jones-2

On Dec 10, 2006, at 1:41 AM, Sergey Shutov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am a final-year student of "The Nizhny Novgorod Branch of the State
> University - Higher School of Economics".
>
> I am working now on my degree work concerned the integration of
> Shark 1.1.2
> into Ofbiz system.
>
> I have already implemented functionality allowing business process
> managing
> through Web and CORBA interfaces.
>
> If it is possible to check in my changes into SVN, how can do it?

To get changes into OFBiz just create an issue in the Jira issue
tracker and attach your patch to it. The Jira project is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ

Please follow the guidelines listed here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

> I am going to continue investigations and the next task I am going to
> resolve is Integration of Shark into WorkEffort.
>
> Can you give me any recommendations concerning this theme?
>
> OfBiz - 48222 doesn't  have mechanism allowing to launch CORBA name
> service,
> are you going  to add such functionality?

If anyone is working on the Shark stuff hopefully they'll respond.
But no, I'm not aware of any active effort on the OFBiz-Shark
integration right now.

RE: Shark

David Garrett
Sergey,

I have a continuing interest in having Shark integrated into Ofbiz.

I am glad to hear that you have 1.1.2 integrated. That is useful as it
allows previous XPDLs to run.

However, I have come to the view that that MY preferred use of Shark would
be to have a loosely coupled integration with Shark 2. By loosely coupled
*my* view is that we leave shark to manage the entities and just do some
simple integration for the authentication and interfaces to the service
engine. Then use the API to retrieve the state and tasks from Shark not the
DB.

I would be happy to take a look at your implementation.

As said by David, the best thought is if you upload the module to JIRA.

David G

I have some notes(a spray) in an email "RE: information about shark" 28Aug06

PLUS look at the email from Andy "Re: Workflow Guidance" 12Aug06

On Dec 10, 2006, at 1:41 AM, Sergey Shutov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am a final-year student of "The Nizhny Novgorod Branch of the State
> University - Higher School of Economics".
>
> I am working now on my degree work concerned the integration of Shark
> 1.1.2 into Ofbiz system.
>
> I have already implemented functionality allowing business process
> managing through Web and CORBA interfaces.
>
> If it is possible to check in my changes into SVN, how can do it?

To get changes into OFBiz just create an issue in the Jira issue tracker and
attach your patch to it. The Jira project is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ

Please follow the guidelines listed here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

> I am going to continue investigations and the next task I am going to
> resolve is Integration of Shark into WorkEffort.
>
> Can you give me any recommendations concerning this theme?
>
> OfBiz - 48222 doesn't  have mechanism allowing to launch CORBA name
> service, are you going  to add such functionality?

If anyone is working on the Shark stuff hopefully they'll respond.
But no, I'm not aware of any active effort on the OFBiz-Shark integration
right now.

RE: Shark

Sergey Shutov
I attached a diff for the integrated shark 1.2_1 to JIRA - ofbiz-552

Best Regards

Sergey Shutov
[hidden email]
www.tecomgroup.ru

On Dec 10, 2006, at 1:41 AM, Sergey Shutov wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am a final-year student of "The Nizhny Novgorod Branch of the State
> University - Higher School of Economics".
>
> I am working now on my degree work concerned the integration of
> Shark 1.1.2
> into Ofbiz system.
>
> I have already implemented functionality allowing business process
> managing
> through Web and CORBA interfaces.
>
> If it is possible to check in my changes into SVN, how can do it?

To get changes into OFBiz just create an issue in the Jira issue
tracker and attach your patch to it. The Jira project is here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ

Please follow the guidelines listed here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

> I am going to continue investigations and the next task I am going to
> resolve is Integration of Shark into WorkEffort.
>
> Can you give me any recommendations concerning this theme?
>
> OfBiz - 48222 doesn't  have mechanism allowing to launch CORBA name
> service,
> are you going  to add such functionality?

If anyone is working on the Shark stuff hopefully they'll respond.
But no, I'm not aware of any active effort on the OFBiz-Shark
integration right now.

-David