Shipping adjustments proration

Rashko Rejmer
Hi,

I noticed that if a sales order is meant to be shipped with few ship
groups then every shipment adjustment is prorated to the all invoices
that are created(they are created separate invoices for every ship
group). Isn't it more accurate every specific invoice to include only
shipping adjustments that are applicable for invoiced items?

Regards,
Rashko Rejmer

Re: Shipping adjustments proration

David E Jones

On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Rashko Rejmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that if a sales order is meant to be shipped with few ship
> groups then every shipment adjustment is prorated to the all invoices
> that are created(they are created separate invoices for every ship
> group). Isn't it more accurate every specific invoice to include only
> shipping adjustments that are applicable for invoiced items?

It would be more accurate in some cases, but the only way to split
shipping costs without proration is by package, so the only way to
assure this can happen is by shipping each individual item (ie each
quantity of each product) as a separate box...

On Feb 1, 2008, at 10:15 AM, David E Jones wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Rashko Rejmer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I noticed that if a sales order is meant to be shipped with few ship
>> groups then every shipment adjustment is prorated to the all invoices
>> that are created(they are created separate invoices for every ship
>> group). Isn't it more accurate every specific invoice to include only
>> shipping adjustments that are applicable for invoiced items?
>
> It would be more accurate in some cases, but the only way to split
> shipping costs without proration is by package, so the only way to
> assure this can happen is by shipping each individual item (ie each
> quantity of each product) as a separate box...

Oh, and I forgot something... Usually the amount charged to the
customer is not the real shipping amount (in which case you could do
something more like this) but an estimated amount that might be lower
or higher than the real shipping amount(s).

-David