Shopping list customization

Dave Tenerowicz
We are using Shopping list functionality to create recurring orders in a
high volume environment. The existing ofb functionality retains the last
shipment date and shipment frequency information on an order basis. Our
client needs this customized so that a representative sees the next (not
last) shipment date when reviewing a shopping list and they need the
freedom to associate this at an order line level. They also need the
flexibility to alter the next shipment date or the frequency or both
right up until the moment that the order instance is created.

As an example, assume that a customer has the following shopping list
entries

Next ship date      freq      product    qty
5/1                1 mo        A        1
5/1                1 mo        B        2
5/15               1 mo        C        1

At this moment (4/30) the shoppinglistservice would create a single
order with product A and B.

However, if the customer calls to say that they want Product C to also
ship on 5/1, the sales rep needs to have the ability to change the next
ship date for product C to 5/1. In that case, the process should create
an order on 5/1 that contains product A, B and C. After the process runs
to create Order instances on 5/1, the Shopping list entry needs to be
changed to show a next ship date of 6/1 for all three products.

This is a very dynamic environment that demands great flexibility. In
another month a customer might change ship dates or frequencies for all
3 items, in which case all 3 items might ship as separate Orders on
different dates, or some other combination might be created.

Does anyone have any experience customizing shopping list functionality
like this? We are looking at modifying the createListReorders method in
ShoppingListServices.java. Is there a better way to meet the need? What
other services or processes could be impacted?

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6717
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6717
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

--
Dave Tenerowicz
[hidden email]

Office: 303.493.6717
Mobile 303.906.6116
Fax 303.814.8330

Visit us at http://www.salmonllc.com

Re: Shopping list customization

Brett
We are looking at similar customizations for subscription services
that will allow a customer to change their subscription or cancel it.

We are reviewing the current services available to facilitate these
features.  We will likely post our findings in about a week to get
feedback from the group.

In any case, we would be interested in what you find as well.

Thanks,

Brett