Some questions...

Jorge Alanis
Hello,

I'm relatively new to opentaps and ofbiz. I will greatly appreciate if someone clears me up in some of these questions.

1. I need to interface the ecommerce site with other tables (in Postgres) of another web application. I hoped to find the sql queries, but found that there is another layer in between (entity). Can you guide me with an easy example of what files are involved in the database process of ofbiz..... and how do you define either reading or writing to a postgres table ?.

2. How do you make a mandatory field in a form not mandatory?  (maybe this will clear up when I understand how ofbiz reads and writes to the db)

3. In ecommerce, when you make a purchase, ofbiz creates a pdf file with the invoice. Where is this code (that defines what goes inside the pdf)? Where is the email constructed/defined?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jorge

Re: Some questions...

Adrian Crum
Jorge S. AlanĂ­s Garza wrote:
> 1. I need to interface the ecommerce site with other tables (in Postgres) of another web application. I hoped to find the sql queries, but found that there is another layer in between (entity). Can you guide me with an easy example of what files are involved in the database process of ofbiz..... and how do you define either reading or writing to a postgres table ?.

You will have to create an entitydef folder in the eCommerce component, then
create the entitygroup.xml and entitymodel.xml files for the non-OFBiz tables.
Use an existing non-eCommerce component as a guide.