Splitter

James Yong-2
Hi All,

Would like to implement a splitter tag for the Widgets. This new tag can be used in the Actions tags to add a splitter between 2 sections. This is useful when you want to
1) keep the header, footer always visible; or
2) put different sections together; each section has their own scrollbars. Thus minimizing empty spaces on the pages.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
James Yong

Re: Splitter

taher
Hi James,

I am a bit unclear on this proposal. You define in the actions of some
parent section a splitter between two sub-sections? What's the purpose? How
does it translate to html? And how is it related to headers, footers or
scrollbars?

On Dec 26, 2017 6:41 PM, "James Yong" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

Would like to implement a splitter tag for the Widgets. This new tag can be
used in the Actions tags to add a splitter between 2 sections. This is
useful when you want to
1) keep the header, footer always visible; or
2) put different sections together; each section has their own scrollbars.
Thus minimizing empty spaces on the pages.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
James Yong

Re: Splitter

Rishi Solanki
I would say, most UI requirement can be achieve thru right combination of
section and sub sections. Can you please help us in understanding what do
you want to achieve with your proposal.

Please refer partymgr >> viewprofile it contains all possible combination.
Still something is not exists as per your needs then please share what you
like to achieve.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com
www.hotwax.co

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Taher Alkhateeb <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> I am a bit unclear on this proposal. You define in the actions of some
> parent section a splitter between two sub-sections? What's the purpose? How
> does it translate to html? And how is it related to headers, footers or
> scrollbars?
>
> On Dec 26, 2017 6:41 PM, "James Yong" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Would like to implement a splitter tag for the Widgets. This new tag can be
> used in the Actions tags to add a splitter between 2 sections. This is
> useful when you want to
> 1) keep the header, footer always visible; or
> 2) put different sections together; each section has their own scrollbars.
> Thus minimizing empty spaces on the pages.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
>
> Regards,
> James Yong

Re: Splitter

James Yong-2
Hi all,

Thank you for the feedbacks.

A patch for POC is available at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10164.
This patch also comes with an example of actual usage within the Catalog component.
Note that Splitter tag is now to be used outside of the Actions tag.

Regards,
James Yong