Status of the GL accounting development effort

Status of the GL accounting development effort

Jacopo Cappellato
This is a short update on the status of the GL accounting development
effort.

With reference to:

We will probably complete the subtasks 11, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33,
34, 35 by the end of the year: after they are completed, the GL
accounting component will be really in a good/testable status.

Things left undone/todo:

1) review, tests, bug fixes and documentation

2) create some good screens for AR/AP oriented tasks possibly in a new
application; we have already a good set of general screens in the
accounting component that could be reused/extended to work in a more
user friendly way in the new AR/AP applications (for example the new
screens to manage past due date invoices)

3) implement at least one of the following inventory costing algorithms:
FIFO, LIFO, average cost

4) implement fixed asset depreciation (methods)

5) implement auto posting services for serialized inventory

6) for sure, I'm missing something...

At least for #1, I expect to get some good help from the community.

Also, now that the OFBiz GL accounting component is mostly implemented,
chances are that companies will start using it and this will certainly
help in getting sponsors/funds/paid work to further improve/complete it.
It is worth of a mention the fact that the work done in the last month
and the one we are doing now is not commissioned by any sponsor.

Jacopo