Suggestion for Use Cases of Product Search in Ofbiz Ecommerce

Suggestion for Use Cases of Product Search in Ofbiz Ecommerce

Shubham Agrawal
Hello All,

I am writing use cases of Product Search in OFBiz ecommerce, I would need
help of the community to find out all the possible scenarios those should
be taken in consideration.

So please suggest me the use cases for the same.

*Thanks and Regards,*
*Shubham Agrawal*

Re: Suggestion for Use Cases of Product Search in Ofbiz Ecommerce

Rishi Solanki
- Rendering of products through the keyword passed in search context.
- Advance search feature should run on the other parameters.
- Product with basic informations.
- Pagination.
- Also on how we can validate if a product is searchable on specific
keyword then how can be we sure that those products should come in a
particular category.

Some links like product link, other search pages related links etc should
be there in the test case.

Rishi Solanki
Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Shubham Agrawal <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am writing use cases of Product Search in OFBiz ecommerce, I would need
> help of the community to find out all the possible scenarios those should
> be taken in consideration.
>
> So please suggest me the use cases for the same.
>

> *Thanks and Regards,*
> *Shubham Agrawal*

Re: Suggestion for Use Cases of Product Search in Ofbiz Ecommerce

Vogelsme
Use cases that we came across would be
- drill down (like categorie facets), filter search (like feature or attribute selects) and range filters (like price ranges)
- suggest search and 'did you mean' including fuzzy searches
- customer (/ party group) specific filtering as kind of permission service
- sorting and grouping of results (like by parent productId / virtual productId)
- sorting by "most popular" (e.g. most views or most sales) ...

Cheers,
Mirko

Re: Suggestion for Use Cases of Product Search in Ofbiz Ecommerce

Shubham Agrawal
Thanks Rishi and Mirko. Will take both of your points in consideration.

*Thanks and Regards,*
*Shubham Agrawal*
*Enterprise Software Engineer*
*Hotwax Systems Pvt Ltd*