TAPI

Scott.
Hi All,

We have an Avaya IP Office phone system that supports TAPI and provides TAPI drivers to help integrate apps into the actual phone system. What we would like to do is click on a phone number within ofbiz that will hook to TAPI and interact with our phone system. I know it can be done by using the a Dial Desk Phone string but we need some kind of hook app\dll to bridge the two. At the moment it will work but only with Skype being the default app. Does anyone know of something like I'm asking for that could be compatible with the Apache license or that could direct us on how to write one?

Thanks in advance.

Re: TAPI

BJ Freeman
do a google for Jtapi.
there are examples you can probably figure out.
the drivers would be third party.

Scott. sent the following on 8/19/2009 11:29 AM:

> Hi All,
>
> We have an Avaya IP Office phone system that supports TAPI and provides TAPI
> drivers to help integrate apps into the actual phone system. What we would
> like to do is click on a phone number within ofbiz that will hook to TAPI
> and interact with our phone system. I know it can be done by using the a
> callto://number Dial Desk Phone  string but we need some kind of hook
> app\dll to bridge the two. At the moment it will work but only with Skype
> being the default app. Does anyone know of something like I'm asking for
> that could be compatible with the Apache license or that could direct us on
> how to write one?
>
> Thanks in advance.

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Systems Integrator.

Re: TAPI

Scott.
Thanks BJ, wiull look into it. I'm just curious though. Has anyone implemented something like this "click to call" feature into ofbiz? Any downside to it?

BJ Freeman wrote
do a google for Jtapi.
there are examples you can probably figure out.
the drivers would be third party.

Scott. sent the following on 8/19/2009 11:29 AM:
> Hi All,
>
> We have an Avaya IP Office phone system that supports TAPI and provides TAPI
> drivers to help integrate apps into the actual phone system. What we would
> like to do is click on a phone number within ofbiz that will hook to TAPI
> and interact with our phone system. I know it can be done by using the a
> callto://number Dial Desk Phone  string but we need some kind of hook
> app\dll to bridge the two. At the moment it will work but only with Skype
> being the default app. Does anyone know of something like I'm asking for
> that could be compatible with the Apache license or that could direct us on
> how to write one?
>
> Thanks in advance.

http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1237480&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Systems Integrator.

Re: TAPI

Adrian Crum

-Adrian

Scott. wrote:

> Thanks BJ, wiull look into it. I'm just curious though. Has anyone
> implemented something like this "click to call" feature into ofbiz? Any
> downside to it?
>

> BJ Freeman wrote:
>> do a google for Jtapi.
>> there are examples you can probably figure out.
>> the drivers would be third party.
>>
>> Scott. sent the following on 8/19/2009 11:29 AM:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have an Avaya IP Office phone system that supports TAPI and provides
>>> TAPI
>>> drivers to help integrate apps into the actual phone system. What we
>>> would
>>> like to do is click on a phone number within ofbiz that will hook to TAPI
>>> and interact with our phone system. I know it can be done by using the a
>>> callto://number Dial Desk Phone  string but we need some kind of hook
>>> app\dll to bridge the two. At the moment it will work but only with Skype
>>> being the default app. Does anyone know of something like I'm asking for
>>> that could be compatible with the Apache license or that could direct us
>>> on
>>> how to write one?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>> --