Tax on total amount

brijesh m
Hi friends,
I am looking to apply the tax on the total amount (only) through the tax authority in the Sales Invoice but right now I am getting it as per line (or item-wise). How can I will be able to apply the tax on the total amount, do it requires some kind of changes in tax authority configuration ?

Thanks
Brijesh M.

Re: Tax on total amount

This can't be done thru UI. Taxes are only calculated item by item for now, since products may have different rates.

Jacques

> I am looking to apply the tax on the total amount (only) through the tax authority in the Sales Invoice but right now I am getting
> it as per line (or item-wise). How can I will be able to apply the tax on the total amount, do it requires some kind of changes in
> tax authority configuration ?
>

> Thanks
> Brijesh M.

Re: Tax on total amount

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom
Could you please guide me how you have setup tax? Even if its working
product wise.

I will be very thankful.

Jacques Le Roux wrote:

> This can't be done thru UI. Taxes are only calculated item by item for
> now, since products may have different rates.
>
> Jacques

Re: Tax on total amount

brijesh m
Hi Ajay,
you just have to add the store and the respective categories in the Product rates sub tab of the tax authority created by you (after you have created the tax authrity as party group in Party tab). Thats it.

Thanks
Brijesh M.

"Ajay @ Pal InfoCom" <[hidden email]> wrote: Could you please guide me how you have setup tax? Even if its working
product wise.

I will be very thankful.

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> This can't be done thru UI. Taxes are only calculated item by item for
> now, since products may have different rates.
>
> Jacques

Re: Tax on total amount

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-salesTaxSettings

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 1:00 AM:

> Could you please guide me how you have setup tax? Even if its working
> product wise.
>
> I will be very thankful.
>
> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>> This can't be done thru UI. Taxes are only calculated item by item for
>> now, since products may have different rates.
>>
>> Jacques

Re: Tax on total amount

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom
Thank you BJ Freeman..

This document will help  me allot.. :)

Ajay..

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-salesTaxSettings
>
> Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 1:00 AM:
>> Could you please guide me how you have setup tax? Even if its working
>> product wise.
>>
>> I will be very thankful.
>>
>> Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>> This can't be done thru UI. Taxes are only calculated item by item for
>>> now, since products may have different rates.
>>>
>>> Jacques

Re: Tax on total amount

BJ Freeman
I am sure David, the Author, would appreciate it as well.

Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 4:25 AM:

> Thank you BJ Freeman..
>
> This document will help  me allot.. :)
>
> Ajay..
>
>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-salesTaxSettings
>>
>> Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 1:00 AM:
>>> Could you please guide me how you have setup tax? Even if its working
>>> product wise.
>>>
>>> I will be very thankful.

Re: Tax on total amount

kunal aggarwal
Hello all

I have noticed one thing while creating my sales order and corresponding
invoice.

After creating invoice , i queried table * invoice_item*. It has field i*
nvoice_itm_type_id*. It gets *ITM_SALES_TAX *added in it.
I have also seen the value* INV_SALES_TAX*(in table*
invoice_item_type).*According to my best guess, it is
invoice_sales_tax. That means , sales tax
can also be applied to total invoice also. But i dint find anything to
configure so that in that above table(*invoice_item*) for that
field(i*nvoice_itm_type_id)
, INV_SALES_TAX *can be added. Can pls someone help me if this is possible*

*Kunal *
**
*
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:48 PM, BJ Freeman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am sure David, the Author, would appreciate it as well.
>

> Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 4:25 AM:
> > Thank you BJ Freeman..
> >
> > This document will help  me allot.. :)
> >
> > Ajay..
> >

> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-salesTaxSettings
> >>
> >> Ajay @ Pal InfoCom sent the following on 8/27/2008 1:00 AM:

Re: Tax on total amount

BJ Freeman
it is best if you investigate this from the services and ecas used to do
this in ofbiz.
the best place to help you with custom code and how things work is the
artifact in web tools.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/webtools/control/ArtifactInfo
type in
tax and click  on find
you will find everything ofbiz has on tax and the ways it handles it.
Feel free to bring up anything that does not work properly you find on
the artifact page.

kunal aggarwal sent the following on 8/27/2008 10:38 AM: