TechDataServices-capacityRemaining?

rnatavio
Hi.
Questions:
1)Is there a way I can check the remaining capacity that a facility (or machine/fixed asset) can accommodate for a given time?

2)What does TechDataServices.capacityRemaining() do exactly?

Scenario:
I tried to set the production CAPACITY for the DemoMachine, then I created a production run (PRun1) with  QUANTITY = production capacity of the DemoMachine. Then I created another production run (PRun2), where the estimated start time of PRun2 should be LATER than the estimated end time of PRun1, since PRun1 already used up all the number of productions that DemoMachine can accommodate. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as expected.

While looking for a workaround, I found this service in TechDataServices.capacityRemaining(),
which I thought would return a quantity that the DemoMachine can still accommodate on a given time period. But the value it returned was several thousand times more than what I've set as the DemoMachine's capacity.

Please enlighten me.

Roy

Re: TechDataServices-capacityRemaining?

Jacopo Cappellato-3
Right now there is no support for finite capacity planning (OFBiz
implements the infinite capacity planning).
I don't remember what TechDataServices.capacityRemaining()  is
supposed to do but:

1) that method is very old and I suspect it is not really used; it
will probably need some work before being used
2) the method probably returns 9ar was designed to return) the
available capacity expressed in milliseconds.

Jacopo

On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:29 AM, rnatavio wrote:

> Hi.
> Questions:
> 1)Is there a way I can check the remaining capacity that a facility
> (or
> machine/fixed asset) can accommodate for a given time?
>
> 2)What does TechDataServices.capacityRemaining() do exactly?
>
> Scenario:
> I tried to set the production CAPACITY for the DemoMachine, then I
> created a
> production run (PRun1) with  QUANTITY = production capacity of the
> DemoMachine. Then I created another production run (PRun2), where the
> estimated start time of PRun2 should be LATER than the estimated end
> time of
> PRun1, since PRun1 already used up all the number of productions that
> DemoMachine can accommodate. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as
> expected.
>
> While looking for a workaround, I found this service in
> TechDataServices.capacityRemaining(),
> which I thought would return a quantity that the DemoMachine can still
> accommodate on a given time period. But the value it returned was
> several
> thousand times more than what I've set as the DemoMachine's capacity.
>
> Please enlighten me.
>
> Roy

Re: TechDataServices-capacityRemaining?

rnatavio
I see. I'll be needing a capacity planning for a POC so I guess I'll just have to make a patch for this. Thanks Jacopo for the info.

Cheers

Jacopo Cappellato-3 wrote