Tomcat 6 & ofbiz

Ján Valkovič
Hi,
I want to build Claros inTouch (http://www.trlinux.com/web/showProduct.do?id=1) into ofbiz, but inTouch run on tomcat 6.0.x and ofbiz on 5.5.x.
I'v tried to replace embeded tomcat with 6.0.14 (and some part of geronimo, because tomcat6 supports jsp 2.1 and servlet 2.5 and tomcat55 only jsp 2.0 and servlet 2.4), but there was errors in method createCluster
(CatalinaContainer.java) because they refactored clustering in tomcat 6 branch. Other ofbiz parts(framework and apps) seems to be working correctly(no error messages).

How can i config ofbiz to run on tomcat6 with clustering(needed in future)? And have anybody some experiences with ofbiz+tomcat6?

Thanks
ya

PS: sorry for my english ;-)

Re: Tomcat 6 & ofbiz

David E Jones

Just as with any library, or set of libraries, that OFBiz uses the
code that uses them will need to be updated if there are non-backward
compatible changes in the library.

This happens all the time. If you'd like to make the changes yourself
feel free to create a patch with them and submit them in a new Jira
issue for review and commit.

The project will eventually go in this direction. As soon as we are
ready to move to Tomcat 6 we'll just replace the jars in SVN and
update the code as needed.

If anyone (else!) would like to see this happen soon, please comment
here.

-David

On Nov 21, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Ján Valkovič wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to build Claros inTouch (http://www.trlinux.com/web/showProduct.do?id=1
> ) into ofbiz, but inTouch run on tomcat 6.0.x and ofbiz on 5.5.x.
> I'v tried to replace embeded tomcat with 6.0.14 (and some part of
> geronimo, because tomcat6 supports jsp 2.1 and servlet 2.5 and
> tomcat55 only jsp 2.0 and servlet 2.4), but there was errors in
> method createCluster(CatalinaContainer.java) because they refactored
> clustering in tomcat 6 branch. Other ofbiz parts(framework and apps)
> seems to be working correctly(no error messages).
>
> How can i config ofbiz to run on tomcat6 with clustering(needed in
> future)? And have anybody some experiences with ofbiz+tomcat6?
>
> Thanks
> ya
>
> PS: sorry for my english ;-)

RE: Tomcat 6 & ofbiz

SkipDever
I would like to see the move to Tomcat 6, but don't have time atm to get to it.

Skip