UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

jonwimp
Just to confirm, OFBiz currently does not have any UIs to add/update/delete from tables Geo and
GeoAssoc. True/False?

Jonathon

Re: UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

Guido Amarilla
You should edit create a data file and import it using Web Tools, XML Import.
Look into framework/common/data - use other country as template, some
with a similar political division than the country you want to add.
Example: GeoData_UK.xml

If you want to delete them you may have FK restrictions in several places.

Guido Amarilla

Re: UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

jonwimp
Guido,

Thanks for info.

I was looking more for user-friendly UIs, not Web Tools. The user-friendly UIs will also have to
cough up a list of records referencing a Geo record that the user intends to delete, and possibly
also allow the user to purge those records before deleting the Geo record. Or, the UIs could allow
the user to "migrate" all records referencing an old Geo record to point to a new Geo record (not
much point here, since an update will do, unless user wants to change the geoId as well).

Guess I'll have to do all that myself.

Jonathon

Guido Amarilla wrote:

> You should edit create a data file and import it using Web Tools, XML
> Import.
> Look into framework/common/data - use other country as template, some
> with a similar political division than the country you want to add.
> Example: GeoData_UK.xml
>
> If you want to delete them you may have FK restrictions in several places.
>

> 2007/2/28, Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]>:
>> Just to confirm, OFBiz currently does not have any UIs to
>> add/update/delete from tables Geo and
>> GeoAssoc. True/False?
>>
>> Jonathon

Re: UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

David Shere
Or have an expiration date on GeoIDs.

--
David Shere
Information Technology Services
www.SteeleRubber.com

Re: UI to add/update/delete from Geo and GeoAssoc?

jonwimp
David (Shere),

Which is also the common pattern to delete stuff in OFBiz. Thanks!

Jonathon