Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Anil Patel
We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
interested its available at following link

http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso

Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.

Comments for Improvement are welcome.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

David E Jones

Anil,

This is pretty cool and I'm guessing will be helpful for quite a few
people.

For the record: which revision of OFBiz is in this image?

-David

On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Anil Patel wrote:

> We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> interested its available at following link
>
> http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
>
> Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
>
> Comments for Improvement are welcome.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Anil Patel
This is from two days back, I am not sure on number.
This is just a initial test, If people are interested and we can come up
with some default browser settings like,

Set
1) ofbiz.apache.org as FireFox home page.
2) Add Application Bookmarks on Toolbar
3) Spot on Browser where we can put revision number.

even more things.

Regards
Anil Patel

On 1/12/07, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Anil,
>
> This is pretty cool and I'm guessing will be helpful for quite a few
> people.
>
> For the record: which revision of OFBiz is in this image?
>
> -David
>

> On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Anil Patel wrote:
>
> > We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> > interested its available at following link
> >
> > http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
> >
> > Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
> >
> > Comments for Improvement are welcome.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anil Patel

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Anil Patel
One more thing,
We can do this type of live CD on Small Linux Distribution like Damm Small
Linux etc, any Ideas or preferences on that.

Regards
Anil Patel

On 1/12/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is from two days back, I am not sure on number.
> This is just a initial test, If people are interested and we can come up
> with some default browser settings like,
>
> Set
> 1) ofbiz.apache.org as FireFox home page.
> 2) Add Application Bookmarks on Toolbar
> 3) Spot on Browser where we can put revision number.
>
> even more things.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel
>

> On 1/12/07, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Anil,
> >
> > This is pretty cool and I'm guessing will be helpful for quite a few
> > people.
> >
> > For the record: which revision of OFBiz is in this image?
> >
> > -David
> >

> > On Jan 12, 2007, at 11:19 PM, Anil Patel wrote:
> >
> > > We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> > > interested its available at following link
> > >
> > > http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
> > >
> > > Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
> > >
> > > Comments for Improvement are welcome.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Anil Patel

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

cjhowe
Additional ideas in regards to Firefox settings.

Homepage be the ecommerce page
Set the other applications in the bookmark toolbar
--- Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One more thing,
> We can do this type of live CD on Small Linux
> Distribution like Damm Small
> Linux etc, any Ideas or preferences on that.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel
>
> On 1/12/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > This is from two days back, I am not sure on
> number.
> > This is just a initial test, If people are
> interested and we can come up
> > with some default browser settings like,
> >
> > Set
> > 1) ofbiz.apache.org as FireFox home page.
> > 2) Add Application Bookmarks on Toolbar
> > 3) Spot on Browser where we can put revision
> number.
> >
> > even more things.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anil Patel
> >

> > On 1/12/07, David E. Jones
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >

> > > Anil,
> > >
> > > This is pretty cool and I'm guessing will be
> helpful for quite a few
> > > people.
> > >
> > > For the record: which revision of OFBiz is in
> this image?
> > >
> > > -David

> installed. If anybody is
> > > >

> http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso

> most of the process.

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Alex D. Fleming-2
Hey Anil,

It's was really very good for me to see the ofbiz Live CD.
Excellent peace of contribution that you have provided in the community.

The processing speed is also excellent in Live CD.
Long time back I have seen the Live CD of Compiere ERP and I was thinking
about the same for ofbiz since last few days.

Thanks Anil for a nice contribution.  :-)
Our team of developer likes your efforts.

Regards
Alex D. Fleming

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Eric Crawford
 I think bundling with Trixbox is a great idea as well. I often wished
that the SugarCRM was replaced with Opentaps CRM on the Trixbox
install.

On 1/13/07, Alex D. Fleming <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Anil,
>
> It's was really very good for me to see the ofbiz Live CD.
> Excellent peace of contribution that you have provided in the community.
>
> The processing speed is also excellent in Live CD.
> Long time back I have seen the Live CD of Compiere ERP and I was thinking
> about the same for ofbiz since last few days.
>
> Thanks Anil for a nice contribution.  :-)
> Our team of developer likes your efforts.
>

> On 1/13/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> > interested its available at following link
> >
> > http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
> >
> > Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
> >
> > Comments for Improvement are welcome.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anil Patel
> >

> --
> Regards
> Alex D. Fleming

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Anil Patel
Ian,
I downloaded iso and tried it.
It works for me, What I see is, it takes forever to start, I'll have to
check with developer, may be its running clean build before starting ofbiz.
We'll try to make it better in next build.

For now If you wait for few 10s mins it will come up.

regards
Anil Patel

On 1/13/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did testing before uploading. I am not sure if something went wrong in
> upload process. I'll download and try it.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel
>

> On 1/13/07, Ian McNulty <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Anil,
> >
> > Have burned 2 CDs using ISO Recorder and attempted to boot from each.
> >
> > On a brand-new XP Home box, they hang on reading the CD.
> >
> > On an XP Pro box with Promise Fastrack RAID it says: "NTLDR is missing"
> >
> > On a Ubuntu Edgy box I get "Boot record on CDROM... Not Found"
> >
> > I have proved myself capable of making the stupidest mistakes.
> >
> > Most often a fresh eye is all that is required.
> >
> > Anybody got any ideas what may be wrong here?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ian
> >

> > Anil Patel wrote:
> > > We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> > > interested its available at following link
> > >
> > > http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
> > >
> > > Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
> > >
> > > Comments for Improvement are welcome.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Anil Patel
> > >

> > --
> >
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > mcnultyMEDIA
> > 60 Birkdale Gardens
> > Durham
> > DH1 2UL
> >
> > t: +44 (0)191 384 4736
> > e: [hidden email]
> > w: www.mcnultymedia.co.uk
> > ==============================================================================================
> >
> > This communication is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s)
> > named above and is confidential. Any form of distribution, copying,
> > discussion or use of this communication, its contents, or any information
> > contained herein without prior consent is strictly prohibited. If you
> > receive this communication in error, please notify the sender by email or by
> > telephone on +44 (0)191 384 4736

> > liability sustained as a result of software viruses and would recommend that
> > you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
> >
> > ==============================================================================================

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Ean Schuessler
On Saturday 13 January 2007 00:19, Anil Patel wrote:
> We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
> interested its available at following link

Ubuntu has some benefits but I think it would be better to stick with a
strictly Debian based infrastructure for several reasons. First is the fact
that Ubuntu staff have a stronger influence on what happens with the
operating system than the community does. Theoretically this arrangement
allows them to achieve more efficient progress. I question that conclusion
since the entire Free Software movement is about the idea that closed
hierarchical development generates less overall productivity.

After considerable experience dealing with broken upgrades from Knoppix and
other live cds I think that the cleaner the upgrade path to the Debian mirror
network, the better. I've been using DFS
(http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/html) and it provides a pretty good
way to put a minimal install on a server without a lot of desktop-oriented
stuff cluttering it up.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
[hidden email]
Brainfood, Inc.
http://www.brainfood.com

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Michael Philip
Hey Anil,

Live CD worked for me.
It is very good combination of Ubuntu and Ofbiz for the community member in a very small media :-)

Thanks a lot for it.

Ian McNulty <[hidden email]> wrote: Walter,

I burned with ISO Recorder, a shell extension for Win XP
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

I've been comparing md5 sums for individual files against a list
contained in a text file in the root of the CD.

An md5 for the iso would be very much quicker, but so far I've not
managed to find one.

Good thought anyway. Much obliged :)

Ian

---------------------------------

Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz

Chandresh Turakhia
Thumps up for idea. :)

Can work with ashish & anil if required. some mail did point to work
regarding customer_support. Wish it can be called from MiniLang

Container for Trixbox .. anyone.

> I think bundling with Trixbox is a great idea as well. I often wished
> that the SugarCRM was replaced with Opentaps CRM on the Trixbox
> install.
>
> On 1/13/07, Alex D. Fleming <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Anil,
>>
>> It's was really very good for me to see the ofbiz Live CD.
>> Excellent peace of contribution that you have provided in the community.
>>
>> The processing speed is also excellent in Live CD.
>> Long time back I have seen the Live CD of Compiere ERP and I was thinking
>> about the same for ofbiz since last few days.
>>
>> Thanks Anil for a nice contribution.  :-)
>> Our team of developer likes your efforts.
>>

>> On 1/13/07, Anil Patel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > We have remastered Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz installed. If anybody is
>> > interested its available at following link
>> >
>> > http://www.adititechlabs.com/images/OfbizLive.iso
>> >
>> > Very soon we'll also share script automating most of the process.
>> >
>> > Comments for Improvement are welcome.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Anil Patel
>> >

>> --
>> Regards
>> Alex D. Fleming

Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

cjhowe
I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
things is to simply add support so that upon clicking
a phone number link asterisk will call the user and
the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
This should be rather straight forward, though I don't
know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.

From there you'd likely want to add a function in your
asterisk call plans to run a function that will send
call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
TrixBox?

--- Chandresh Turakhia
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thumps up for idea. :)
>
> Can work with ashish & anil if required. some mail
> did point to work
> regarding customer_support. Wish it can be called
> from MiniLang
>
> Container for Trixbox .. anyone.

Re: Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

jonwimp
Chris,

That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment in this effort. So there's not been any
module in OFBiz that deals with phone calls or faxing?

For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps see http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?

Jonathon

Chris Howe wrote:

> I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
> things is to simply add support so that upon clicking
> a phone number link asterisk will call the user and
> the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
> This should be rather straight forward, though I don't
> know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.
>
>>From there you'd likely want to add a function in your
> asterisk call plans to run a function that will send
> call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
> there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
> TrixBox?
>

> --- Chandresh Turakhia
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thumps up for idea. :)
>>
>> Can work with ashish & anil if required. some mail
>> did point to work
>> regarding customer_support. Wish it can be called
>> from MiniLang
>>
>> Container for Trixbox .. anyone.

There are communication events to certainly deal with
the information, however there isn't any automation in
the community project for this at the moment.

--- Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment
> in this effort. So there's not been any
> module in OFBiz that deals with phone calls or
> faxing?
>
> For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps
> see http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?
>
> Jonathon
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
> > I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
> > things is to simply add support so that upon
> clicking
> > a phone number link asterisk will call the user
> and
> > the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
> > This should be rather straight forward, though I
> don't
> > know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.
> >
> >>From there you'd likely want to add a function in
> your
> > asterisk call plans to run a function that will
> send
> > call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
> > there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
> > TrixBox?
> >

> > --- Chandresh Turakhia
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Thumps up for idea. :)
> >>
> >> Can work with ashish & anil if required. some
> mail
> >> did point to work
> >> regarding customer_support. Wish it can be called
> >> from MiniLang
> >>
> >> Container for Trixbox .. anyone.

This may be helpful as well:

http://asterisk-java.org/development/index.html

If we can get the class path issue resolved in
minilang for the call-*-method elements, this should
be rather quick work. ( or we could just make a beefy
cached class loader )

--- Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment
> in this effort. So there's not been any
> module in OFBiz that deals with phone calls or
> faxing?
>
> For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps
> see http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?
>
> Jonathon
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
> > I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
> > things is to simply add support so that upon
> clicking
> > a phone number link asterisk will call the user
> and
> > the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
> > This should be rather straight forward, though I
> don't
> > know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.
> >
> >>From there you'd likely want to add a function in
> your
> > asterisk call plans to run a function that will
> send
> > call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
> > there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
> > TrixBox?
> >

> > --- Chandresh Turakhia
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Thumps up for idea. :)
> >>
> >> Can work with ashish & anil if required. some
> mail
> >> did point to work
> >> regarding customer_support. Wish it can be called
> >> from MiniLang
> >>
> >> Container for Trixbox .. anyone.

Oh, ok. I'd be able to do it quickly for Java. Yeah, probably for minilang as well, the classpath
thing. But someone will have to test out the call from Minilang for me. I'm testing only in Java
(easiest).

I'll look into it some time next week. Anymore heads up for me before I dive in? Thanks.

Jonathon

Chris Howe wrote:

> This may be helpful as well:
>
> http://asterisk-java.org/development/index.html
>
> If we can get the class path issue resolved in
> minilang for the call-*-method elements, this should
> be rather quick work. ( or we could just make a beefy
> cached class loader )
>
> --- Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment
>> in this effort. So there's not been any
>> module in OFBiz that deals with phone calls or
>> faxing?
>>
>> For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps
>> see http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?
>>
>> Jonathon
>>
>> Chris Howe wrote:
>>> I'm thinking the enhancement for the OFBiz side of
>>> things is to simply add support so that upon
>> clicking
>>> a phone number link asterisk will call the user
>> and
>>> the intended contact much the same as Sugar does.
>>> This should be rather straight forward, though I
>> don't
>>> know exactly how to accomplish this at the moment.

>> your
>>> asterisk call plans to run a function that will
>> send
>>> call log information to OFBiz for processing.  Is
>>> there anyone with much experience with Asterisk or
>>> TrixBox?
>>>

>>> --- Chandresh Turakhia

>> mail

I wouldn't worry too much about the simple-method (minilang) option.
That is definitely the "best practice" for writing logic in OFBiz,
but the secondary best practice (as shown in the best practices
guide) is better for certain circumstances, like writing a service
wrapper around an existing Java API. That is much easier in Java.

-David

On Jan 18, 2007, at 8:42 PM, Jonathon -- Improov wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Oh, ok. I'd be able to do it quickly for Java. Yeah, probably for
> minilang as well, the classpath thing. But someone will have to
> test out the call from Minilang for me. I'm testing only in Java
> (easiest).
>
> I'll look into it some time next week. Anymore heads up for me
> before I dive in? Thanks.
>
> Jonathon
>
> Chris Howe wrote:
>> This may be helpful as well:
>> http://asterisk-java.org/development/index.html
>> If we can get the class path issue resolved in
>> minilang for the call-*-method elements, this should
>> be rather quick work. ( or we could just make a beefy
>> cached class loader )
>> --- Jonathon -- Improov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Chris,
>>>
>>> That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment
>>> in this effort. So there's not been any module in OFBiz that
>>> deals with phone calls or
>>> faxing?
>>>
>>> For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps
>>> see http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?
>>>
>>> Jonathon

>>> clicking
>>> and
>>> don't

>>> your
>>> send

>>> mail

I find simple-method easier not so much for coding
convenience (which is definitely a plus) but for the
ability to quickly make corrections if a value isn't
being returned correctly, especially when tossing
things into a black box of sorts.

simple-method would be equally as "easy" if we could
just figure out why the
org.ofbiz.base.util.ObjectType.loadClass will only
return the cached classes as being valid.

The non cached methods work when using call-bsh, but
not when using call-*-method.  Both operations return
the same value for methodContext.getLoader() which is
WebappClassLoader.  But, beanshell does something with
the loader itself while call-*-method searches the
loader itself for the class.

If this gets figured out it will be so much easier to
incorporate mondrian, asterisk, and to straighten out
the cart/order helper.

Any tips on how to debug this further would be greatly
appreciated.

,Chris

On Thursday 18 January 2007 08:04, Jonathon -- Improov wrote:
> That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for recruitment in this effort. So
> there's not been any module in OFBiz that deals with phone calls or faxing?
>
> For some programming examples with Asterisk, perhaps see
> http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?

I'm doing some fax work with ofbiz and asterisk. What are you thinking?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
[hidden email]
Brainfood, Inc.
http://www.brainfood.com

Re: Ofbiz & TrixBox (was Re: Ubuntu Live CD with Ofbiz)

cjhowe
Ean,

For fax work are you taking advantage of just sending
email with the fax attachment to the fax solution
available with asterisk or are you doing something
else?

,Chris

--- Ean Schuessler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thursday 18 January 2007 08:04, Jonathon --
> Improov wrote:
> > That's nice. I'm volunteering myself for
> recruitment in this effort. So
> > there's not been any module in OFBiz that deals
> with phone calls or faxing?
> >
> > For some programming examples with Asterisk,
> perhaps see
> > http://home.cogeco.ca/~camstuff/agi.html ?
>
> I'm doing some fax work with ofbiz and asterisk.
> What are you thinking?
>
> --
> Ean Schuessler, CTO
> [hidden email]