Usage of setServiceFields method in ServiceUtil.java file.

Usage of setServiceFields method in ServiceUtil.java file.

Ujjawal Solanki
Hello all,
I was going through ServiceUtil.java and found that there is a method
called setServiceFields ( whose purpose is to take in in parameter of a
service and returns the out parameter using modalService ) which can be
used in many other part of code as there are many instance ( code blocks )
where same code is written as in this setServiceFields method.

Just for example if we see the compDocService.java file, we have same code
for modelService as present in the setServiceFields. So i think we can make
use of setServiceFields in such cases.

Please share your opinion on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
*Ujjawal Solanki*

Re: Usage of setServiceFields method in ServiceUtil.java file.

taher
Hi Ujjawal,

Sorry maybe I lost track, but what are you recommending?

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Ujjawal Solanki
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I was going through ServiceUtil.java and found that there is a method
> called setServiceFields ( whose purpose is to take in in parameter of a
> service and returns the out parameter using modalService ) which can be
> used in many other part of code as there are many instance ( code blocks )
> where same code is written as in this setServiceFields method.
>
> Just for example if we see the compDocService.java file, we have same code
> for modelService as present in the setServiceFields. So i think we can make
> use of setServiceFields in such cases.
>
> Please share your opinion on the same.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> *Ujjawal Solanki*

Re: Usage of setServiceFields method in ServiceUtil.java file.

Deepak Dixit-3
I think Ujjawal is proposing to use ServiceUtil.setServiceFields method to
prepare service in context.
Instead of creating map and set values hardcoded,

I think instead of using setServiceField we can use makeValidContext()
of DispatchContext
class file.
And be clear while using these method as it set all the service in param in
context, either you want to set it or not.
Need to make sure that we use it correctly.

Thanks & Regards
--
Deepak Dixit
www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Taher Alkhateeb <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi Ujjawal,
>
> Sorry maybe I lost track, but what are you recommending?
>
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Ujjawal Solanki
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I was going through ServiceUtil.java and found that there is a method
> > called setServiceFields ( whose purpose is to take in in parameter of a
> > service and returns the out parameter using modalService ) which can be
> > used in many other part of code as there are many instance ( code blocks
> )
> > where same code is written as in this setServiceFields method.
> >
> > Just for example if we see the compDocService.java file, we have same
> code
> > for modelService as present in the setServiceFields. So i think we can
> make
> > use of setServiceFields in such cases.
> >
> > Please share your opinion on the same.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > *Ujjawal Solanki*

Re: Usage of setServiceFields method in ServiceUtil.java file.

Rishi Solanki
I think, what Ujjawal wants to propose is where ever applicable we should
use ServiceUtil.setServiceFields() method to prepare the service context to
call the service.

Also I look at the other proposal by Deepak to use makeValidContext() of
DispatchContext, but I cross check the service util method proposed by
Ujjawal internally call the same.

So I think, where applicable we should use the ServiceUtil method proposed
by Ujjawal. It will surely reduce the code lines if we use this utility
method.

Big +1 on the caution mentioned by Deepak to use it correctly with extra
care.

Rishi Solanki
HotWax Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Direct: +91-9893287847