Use of Commission

Nam Nguyen-2
Hi list

Sorry to post this question again. I've tried to use "admin" and
"DemoRepAll" users to place orders to "DemoRepAll" and other users but I did
not see any Commission Invoice generated at all.

Is there a step-by-step usage example which I can take a look?

Thanks
Nam

Re: Use of Commission

David E Jones

It might be helpful to structure your question this way:

1. this is what I expect to happen
2. this is what happened
3. this is how they are different

I'm guessing that what you will describe in #1 doesn't exist, and in fact probably couldn't exist because commissions tend to be rather creative in most cases.

-David

Nam Nguyen wrote:

> Hi list
>
> Sorry to post this question again. I've tried to use "admin" and
> "DemoRepAll" users to place orders to "DemoRepAll" and other users but I
> did
> not see any Commission Invoice generated at all.
>
> Is there a step-by-step usage example which I can take a look?
>
> Thanks
> Nam

Re: Use of Commission

Nam T. Nguyen-2
I am just looking for __any__ example that involves commission invoice being
generated automatically after an order is placed. I'm still at an evaluation
phase so some quick-and-dirty guide would be much appreciated. Digging into
the source code to understand how everything works at this stage is probably
too much involved.
Nam

On 6/25/07, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It might be helpful to structure your question this way:
>
> 1. this is what I expect to happen
> 2. this is what happened
> 3. this is how they are different
>
> I'm guessing that what you will describe in #1 doesn't exist, and in fact
> probably couldn't exist because commissions tend to be rather creative in
> most cases.
>
> -David
>

> Nam Nguyen wrote:
> > Hi list
> >
> > Sorry to post this question again. I've tried to use "admin" and
> > "DemoRepAll" users to place orders to "DemoRepAll" and other users but I
> > did
> > not see any Commission Invoice generated at all.
> >
> > Is there a step-by-step usage example which I can take a look?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Nam

Re: Use of Commission

David E Jones

So, I'll rephrase hopefully more clearly: nothing like this exists.

I'm aware of custom commission services being written (and these aren't too hard), but I'm not aware of anything generic that has gone back into OFBiz.

-David

Nam T. Nguyen wrote:

> I am just looking for __any__ example that involves commission invoice
> being
> generated automatically after an order is placed. I'm still at an
> evaluation
> phase so some quick-and-dirty guide would be much appreciated. Digging into
> the source code to understand how everything works at this stage is
> probably
> too much involved.
> Nam
>
> On 6/25/07, David E Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> It might be helpful to structure your question this way:
>>
>> 1. this is what I expect to happen
>> 2. this is what happened
>> 3. this is how they are different
>>
>> I'm guessing that what you will describe in #1 doesn't exist, and in fact
>> probably couldn't exist because commissions tend to be rather creative in
>> most cases.
>>
>> -David
>>

>> Nam Nguyen wrote:
>> > Hi list
>> >
>> > Sorry to post this question again. I've tried to use "admin" and
>> > "DemoRepAll" users to place orders to "DemoRepAll" and other users
>> but I
>> > did
>> > not see any Commission Invoice generated at all.
>> >
>> > Is there a step-by-step usage example which I can take a look?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Nam

Re: Use of Commission

Nam T. Nguyen-2
Now that answered the original question pretty much to the point, i.e. there
is not yet a sample commission use case in ofbiz. Thanks, David.