Users - Anyone using postgres 8 with ofbiz?

Users - Anyone using postgres 8 with ofbiz?

Brett
We have been running ofbiz with postgres 7 on Linux for a couple
years.  We are trying to migrate to postgres 8.  We are seeing
significant performance degradation when running ofbiz with postgres 8
particularly when using large amounts of data.

I know there where some performance improvements for the jdbc driver
done earlier by Andy.  Does anyone know if there is an updated jdbc
driver for postgres 8?

I'm going to try the postgres 8 jdbc driver from postgres now.  I'll
let you know how it goes.

Brett

Re: Users - Anyone using postgres 8 with ofbiz?

Si Chen-2
We've been using Postgresql 8 and have had no problems.  The JDBC driver
that ships with OFBIZ should work well with it.

Si

Brett Palmer wrote:

>We have been running ofbiz with postgres 7 on Linux for a couple
>years.  We are trying to migrate to postgres 8.  We are seeing
>significant performance degradation when running ofbiz with postgres 8
>particularly when using large amounts of data.
>
>I know there where some performance improvements for the jdbc driver
>done earlier by Andy.  Does anyone know if there is an updated jdbc
>driver for postgres 8?
>
>I'm going to try the postgres 8 jdbc driver from postgres now.  I'll
>let you know how it goes.
>

>Brett

Re: Users - Anyone using postgres 8 with ofbiz?

Brett,

The improvements done to the Postgres 7 driver were to support the
use of cursors in the database so that large result sets were not
pulled into memory on the app server. Without this there are
performance problems, and for larger data sets out of memory errors.

The PG8 driver does include support for cursors, so it should do
fine. I believe this newer one is the one in SVN right now, though if
you have an older revision then you may have the modified 7 series
driver.

-David

On Dec 30, 2005, at 4:49 PM, Brett Palmer wrote:

> We have been running ofbiz with postgres 7 on Linux for a couple
> years.  We are trying to migrate to postgres 8.  We are seeing
> significant performance degradation when running ofbiz with postgres 8
> particularly when using large amounts of data.
>
> I know there where some performance improvements for the jdbc driver
> done earlier by Andy.  Does anyone know if there is an updated jdbc
> driver for postgres 8?
>
> I'm going to try the postgres 8 jdbc driver from postgres now.  I'll
> let you know how it goes.
>

> Brett

Re: Users - Anyone using postgres 8 with ofbiz?

Brett
Si and David,

Thanks for the information.  We are a few months behind on the ofbiz
source code which is why we don't have the postgres 8 driver from svn.
 I downloaded the postgres 8 driver (postgres1-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar) from
postgres.org and this fixed our performance issues.

I'll also try the driver in the ofbiz repository.

Thanks for the information.

Brett