Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

Lei Gao-2
Hi list,

In the set up manual Expert recommend install the demo data and delete them later for smaller installation, and please is there anybody can tell me a very practical way to delete the Demo Data?

Thanks in advance.
Lei

Re: Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

David E. Jones

Where does it say to install the demo data and then delete it? I'm
just guessing that you are looking at the Basic Production Setup
Guide, and I think the recommendation there is to start with the demo
data and modify it rather than building it up from scratch...

-David

On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> In the set up manual Expert recommend install the demo data and
> delete them later for smaller installation, and please is there
> anybody can tell me a very practical way to delete the Demo Data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

Lei Gao-2
Hi, David, Here is something out of the topic, I was kinda joking in my last email, but did not mean to be sarcastic. Actually I respect you guys efforts very much, it will benifits many business and programmers. Later on after I get familiar with this project more, I would love to contributes my part into it.

Now just back to my queston, so, if you have the DemoData within the system, which way we should modify them, in the Data XML file or through SQL browser, or through Web Tool? What's the best way?

Lei

On 3/8/06, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

Where does it say to install the demo data and then delete it? I'm
just guessing that you are looking at the Basic Production Setup
Guide, and I think the recommendation there is to start with the demo
data and modify it rather than building it up from scratch...

-David

On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> In the set up manual Expert recommend install the demo data and
> delete them later for smaller installation, and please is there
> anybody can tell me a very practical way to delete the Demo Data?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Lei

Re: Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

David E. Jones

I don't think there is a best way... It depends on what you want to
do... For most projects during the development phase it's best to
work with the XML files so you can track changes in a code repository
like SVN, and so that test environments can be easily built and re-
built. Once it's like, the admin applications are usually the best
choice. For doing mass changes good old SQL through some sort of
client is often a good way to go.

-David

On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Lei Gao wrote:

> Hi, David, Here is something out of the topic, I was kinda joking
> in my last email, but did not mean to be sarcastic. Actually I
> respect you guys efforts very much, it will benifits many business
> and programmers. Later on after I get familiar with this project
> more, I would love to contributes my part into it.
>
> Now just back to my queston, so, if you have the DemoData within
> the system, which way we should modify them, in the Data XML file
> or through SQL browser, or through Web Tool? What's the best way?
>
> Lei
>

> On 3/8/06, David E. Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Where does it say to install the demo data and then delete it? I'm
> just guessing that you are looking at the Basic Production Setup
> Guide, and I think the recommendation there is to start with the demo
> data and modify it rather than building it up from scratch...
>
> -David
>

> On Mar 8, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Lei Gao wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > In the set up manual Expert recommend install the demo data and
> > delete them later for smaller installation, and please is there
> > anybody can tell me a very practical way to delete the Demo Data?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Lei

Re: Users - Best practice to delete the Demo Data

Lei Gao-2
Clear enough. Thanks