Users - Consultants Wanted... I guess

Walter Vaughan
I have a pretty good idea of what ofbiz can do. However, I am not sure as to
what are the "normal" steps that businesses have gone through in order to
contract with someone who can lead them (or point really good) through the
process of converting existing data and going live.

It's not like a normal software package that you use the "demo" time to get a
feel for the software, since we already have a copy. But we really do need
someone to come in here and demo it to us, or at least conduct a webinar or
three go from understanding 1% to understanding 10%.

Do I send RFI's to the premium people listed on ofbiz.org?

Suggestions to going live before the end of year?

--
Walter

Re: Users - Consultants Wanted... I guess

BJ Freeman
I am sure each consultant is different.
I usually like to start by clarifying the way a business does it thing.
 From that I like to give them how ofbiz would accomplish this in a
document with screenshots, followed by a document of modifications that
would have to be done to meet certain requirements.
then a time line is establish.
I usually quote 3-6month to get up and running.

Walter Vaughan sent the following on 5/29/2006 3:04 PM:

> I have a pretty good idea of what ofbiz can do. However, I am not sure as to
> what are the "normal" steps that businesses have gone through in order to
> contract with someone who can lead them (or point really good) through the
> process of converting existing data and going live.
>
> It's not like a normal software package that you use the "demo" time to get a
> feel for the software, since we already have a copy. But we really do need
> someone to come in here and demo it to us, or at least conduct a webinar or
> three go from understanding 1% to understanding 10%.
>
> Do I send RFI's to the premium people listed on ofbiz.org?
>
> Suggestions to going live before the end of year?
>
> --
> Walter

Re: Users - Consultants Wanted... I guess

This is a difficult thing to answer... The variations are large in companies using OFBiz, in terms of size, industry, technical preferences, and so on. Because of this it is important to specify some details about what you are trying to do and how you'd like to see it turn out when contacting prospective service providers. There are dozens of consulting companies that do work based on OFBiz ranging in size from a person or two all the way to large consulting companies like Accenture, and ranging in expertise from web site designers all the way to experience system architects and enterprise system analysts.

Best of luck...

-David

Walter Vaughan wrote:

> I have a pretty good idea of what ofbiz can do. However, I am not sure as to
> what are the "normal" steps that businesses have gone through in order to
> contract with someone who can lead them (or point really good) through the
> process of converting existing data and going live.
>
> It's not like a normal software package that you use the "demo" time to get a
> feel for the software, since we already have a copy. But we really do need
> someone to come in here and demo it to us, or at least conduct a webinar or
> three go from understanding 1% to understanding 10%.
>
> Do I send RFI's to the premium people listed on ofbiz.org?
>
> Suggestions to going live before the end of year?
>
> --
> Walter

Re: Users - Consultants Wanted... I guess

Matt Midson
Hello All,

I know that this might not be the best place to ask, but the subject of this thread would appear to make my question relevant.  (I know that I am inviting SPAM on this one)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for a consultant here in Australia that can help me get started with opentaps.  My company is based on providing M$ alternatives and I am really impressed with what I have seen in opentaps so far.  The plan would be to get this running in my environment for production use and then use that knowledge from the implementation to offer this to other Small Biz clients in Australia.
I am also happy to hear from others from consultants outside of Australia who can apply our Australian Tax laws to the solution.

If you feel your reply is not appropriate for this list, please feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Walter Vaughan wrote:

> I have a pretty good idea of what ofbiz can do. However, I am not sure as to > what are the "normal" steps that businesses have gone through in order to > contract with someone who can lead them (or point really good) through the > process of converting existing data and going live.
> > It's not like a normal software package that you use the "demo" time to get a > feel for the software, since we already have a copy. But we really do need > someone to come in here and demo it to us, or at least conduct a webinar or > three go from understanding 1% to understanding 10%.
> > Do I send RFI's to the premium people listed on ofbiz.org?
> > Suggestions to going live before the end of year?
> > --
> Walter

Scanned for Viruses by NetCleanse 3