Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
As I mentioned in a previous email, I have purchased the first month of
the the online documentation and have been reading up on how everything
fits together in the Catalog management application.  I feel that i have
a pretty good handle on most aspects, but there are aspects where I am a
little weak.

In 2000 I created an ecommerce application for a customer who I am in
the process of porting to ofbiz at the moment.  His requirements fit in
pretty amazingly well considering how challenging the task was the first
time around.  That being said, the place where I feel like I'm
struggling is in figuring out exactly how the content management
component is used in conjunction with the Catalog management application
to give him the control he has always had.

He's #1 in Google in just about ALL of his keywords, so it's important
that I'm able to give him the level of flexibility that he has had over
the last 6 years.  The requirements are relatively simple:

1. The ability to add and edit pages like an FAQ, Home Page, Contact Us, etc
2. The ability to add and edit pieces of the Product Detail and Category
pages:
---A. The Meta Information - description, classification, Title, author,
etc.
---B. A relatively large snippet of product or category description
---C. The Did you know? section
---D. More information about the product that could be available as a
popup (don't get lost here in this requirement ;) )
---E. A policy section above the footer
---F. The page footer

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks again

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Users - Content Management

Hans Bakker
Tim,

In the application in the specialized/opentravelsystem directory is an example
that does this. In the hotelfrontend application is a home page you can edit
in the hotelbackend application with a wysiwyg edit in explorer and firefox.
Not perfect yet, but you get the idea.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Sunday 07 May 2006 00:42, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> As I mentioned in a previous email, I have purchased the first month of
> the the online documentation and have been reading up on how everything
> fits together in the Catalog management application.  I feel that i have
> a pretty good handle on most aspects, but there are aspects where I am a
> little weak.
>
> In 2000 I created an ecommerce application for a customer who I am in
> the process of porting to ofbiz at the moment.  His requirements fit in
> pretty amazingly well considering how challenging the task was the first
> time around.  That being said, the place where I feel like I'm
> struggling is in figuring out exactly how the content management
> component is used in conjunction with the Catalog management application
> to give him the control he has always had.
>
> He's #1 in Google in just about ALL of his keywords, so it's important
> that I'm able to give him the level of flexibility that he has had over
> the last 6 years.  The requirements are relatively simple:
>
> 1. The ability to add and edit pages like an FAQ, Home Page, Contact Us,
> etc 2. The ability to add and edit pieces of the Product Detail and
> Category pages:
> ---A. The Meta Information - description, classification, Title, author,
> etc.
> ---B. A relatively large snippet of product or category description
> ---C. The Did you know? section
> ---D. More information about the product that could be available as a
> popup (don't get lost here in this requirement ;) )
> ---E. A policy section above the footer
> ---F. The page footer
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks again
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
Thanks, Hans - the pointer is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Tim,
>
> In the application in the specialized/opentravelsystem directory is an example
> that does this. In the hotelfrontend application is a home page you can edit
> in the hotelbackend application with a wysiwyg edit in explorer and firefox.
> Not perfect yet, but you get the idea.

Re: Users - Content Management

It would be nice to get some of this functionality back into the main OFBiz applications. I noticed in a recent review with a client that the Wysiswig HTML editor in the content manager is not longer there and hasn't been replaced with the new one. This would also be nice to have in the Product->Content screen in the Catalog Manager.

In any case, there is infrastructure to do this in OFBiz based on the Content Manager, and it looks like Hans may have work coming up improve the forums (I'll let Hans verify/dispute that and add any details).

Some other area could use some improvement but are functional at least and could be used for in-browser maintenance of pages like these. Some revision management stuff has also been added (as part of the CompDoc stuff) that could be used to customize the admin part of this to support keeping historical changes, rolling back, etc.

It isn't well documented yet for the end-user perspective because the functionality is still fairly raw and really requires some development to use effectively. Quite a few sites have done this, so it really is a pretty good way to go.

-David

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Tim,
>
> In the application in the specialized/opentravelsystem directory is an example
> that does this. In the hotelfrontend application is a home page you can edit
> in the hotelbackend application with a wysiwyg edit in explorer and firefox.
> Not perfect yet, but you get the idea.

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
Sorry to be resurrecting this old post, but I've just upgraded my
application version number up to 7637 and started poking around all of
the changes.  I noticed Hans' forum WYSIWYG additions and boy is that a
big win. The problem that I'm still facing is that I just don't see
where the editing of the home page that Hans mentioned falls within the
hotel backend.  The hotel frontend works like a champ.  The hotelbackend
seems to work perfectly - but I'm still a little lost on where
management of this content actually resides.

So, when I log in to hotelbackend - I'm at the main screen.  I have two
sets of tabs - where do I go from here for simple content management
(pages not associated with products or categories)?  These end up being
xml files, correct?

Once I've got that - I have a product category that needs to have it's
META information, and three parts of the page be configurable content
(it at least seems to be outside of the normal stuff that I do for a
product) - where shall I do this?

I'm happy to make the phone call to anyone who fully understands this
piece - it's a big deal for my customer.  Thanks to everyone for their help.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

David E Jones wrote:

> It would be nice to get some of this functionality back into the main OFBiz applications. I noticed in a recent review with a client that the Wysiswig HTML editor in the content manager is not longer there and hasn't been replaced with the new one. This would also be nice to have in the Product->Content screen in the Catalog Manager.
>
> In any case, there is infrastructure to do this in OFBiz based on the Content Manager, and it looks like Hans may have work coming up improve the forums (I'll let Hans verify/dispute that and add any details).
>
> Some other area could use some improvement but are functional at least and could be used for in-browser maintenance of pages like these. Some revision management stuff has also been added (as part of the CompDoc stuff) that could be used to customize the admin part of this to support keeping historical changes, rolling back, etc.
>
> It isn't well documented yet for the end-user perspective because the functionality is still fairly raw and really requires some development to use effectively. Quite a few sites have done this, so it really is a pretty good way to go.
>
> -David
>

> Hans Bakker wrote:
>
>> Tim,
>>
>> In the application in the specialized/opentravelsystem directory is an example
>> that does this. In the hotelfrontend application is a home page you can edit
>> in the hotelbackend application with a wysiwyg edit in explorer and firefox.
>> Not perfect yet, but you get the idea.

Re: Users - Content Management

Hans Bakker
Hi Tim,

as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let me
first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David Jones
designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this component.

Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component was
converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it was not
not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....

I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and found
that the main parts of the content component did not work properly so i
improved that too.
if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
working backend page editing system using the html editor.

It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it will be
using the multi language feature for text pages.

the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

On Tuesday 23 May 2006 05:54, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> [...]
> > revision management stuff has also been added (as part of the CompDoc
> > stuff) that could be used to customize the admin part of this to support
> > keeping historical changes, rolling back, etc.
> >
> > It isn't well documented yet for the end-user perspective because the
> > functionality is still fairly raw and really requires some development to
> > use effectively. Quite a few sites have done this, so it really is a
> > pretty good way to go.
> >
> > -David
> >
> > Hans Bakker wrote:
> >> Tim,
> >>
> >> In the application in the specialized/opentravelsystem directory is an
> >> example that does this. In the hotelfrontend application is a home page
> >> you can edit in the hotelbackend application with a wysiwyg edit in
> >> explorer and firefox. Not perfect yet, but you get the idea.

Hans, that sounds great - I will definitely wait until the end of the
week and upgrade to test out the new functionality for editing pages.
This is HUGE win for everyone, so I'm excited to see it.

Does anyone out there use the content management application currently
to administer pieces of your product category and product detail pages?
Currently the system that I wrote from scratch allows the customer to
maintain the META information, Product Text about the product, policy
information and the content that they put in the footer.  This has
allowed him to have the flexibility to be #1 in google for a good long
while now.

Any help towards understanding how that is handled in your current
applications would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let me
> first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David Jones
> designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this component.
>
> Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component was
> converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it was not
> not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
>
> I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and found
> that the main parts of the content component did not work properly so i
> improved that too.
> if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
> working backend page editing system using the html editor.
>
> It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it will be
> using the multi language feature for text pages.
>
> the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Re: Users - Content Management

David E. Jones

Tim,

So, you are looking for product content management?

Even without the work that Hans is doing there is quite a bit of this already in place. Look at the Product -> Content tab in the Catalog Manager and the productdetail.ftl template in ecommerce (actually reused from the order component). The template uses the ProductContentWrapper object which takes care of the content rendering side of things.

-David

Tim Ruppert wrote:

> Hans, that sounds great - I will definitely wait until the end of the
> week and upgrade to test out the new functionality for editing pages.
> This is HUGE win for everyone, so I'm excited to see it.
>
> Does anyone out there use the content management application currently
> to administer pieces of your product category and product detail pages?
> Currently the system that I wrote from scratch allows the customer to
> maintain the META information, Product Text about the product, policy
> information and the content that they put in the footer.  This has
> allowed him to have the flexibility to be #1 in google for a good long
> while now.
>
> Any help towards understanding how that is handled in your current
> applications would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> Hans Bakker wrote:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let me
>> first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David Jones
>> designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this component.
>>
>> Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component was
>> converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it was not
>> not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
>>
>> I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and found
>> that the main parts of the content component did not work properly so i
>> improved that too.
>> if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
>> working backend page editing system using the html editor.
>>
>> It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it will be
>> using the multi language feature for text pages.
>>
>> the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
Thanks David - I will get in there and check that out first thing in the
morning.  I appreciate your quick response.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

David E. Jones wrote:

> Tim,
>
> So, you are looking for product content management?
>
> Even without the work that Hans is doing there is quite a bit of this already in place. Look at the Product -> Content tab in the Catalog Manager and the productdetail.ftl template in ecommerce (actually reused from the order component). The template uses the ProductContentWrapper object which takes care of the content rendering side of things.
>
> -David
>

> Tim Ruppert wrote:
>
>> Hans, that sounds great - I will definitely wait until the end of the
>> week and upgrade to test out the new functionality for editing pages.
>> This is HUGE win for everyone, so I'm excited to see it.
>>
>> Does anyone out there use the content management application currently
>> to administer pieces of your product category and product detail pages?
>> Currently the system that I wrote from scratch allows the customer to
>> maintain the META information, Product Text about the product, policy
>> information and the content that they put in the footer.  This has
>> allowed him to have the flexibility to be #1 in google for a good long
>> while now.
>>
>> Any help towards understanding how that is handled in your current
>> applications would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Tim Ruppert
>> HotWax Media
>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>
>> o:801.649.6594
>> f:801.649.6595
>>
>> Hans Bakker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let me
>>> first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David Jones
>>> designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this component.
>>>
>>> Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component was
>>> converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it was not
>>> not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
>>>
>>> I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and found
>>> that the main parts of the content component did not work properly so i
>>> improved that too.
>>> if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
>>> working backend page editing system using the html editor.
>>>
>>> It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it will be
>>> using the multi language feature for text pages.
>>>
>>> the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Re: Users - Content Management

Andrew Sykes
Hans, Tim,

Yes, I did start to convert the content component to widgets, but
unfortunately run out of time, I haven't looked at this for a while now.

I will try to find some time to apply myself to this again, although
it's going to be July before we get some free time.

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 06:13 +0700, Hans Bakker wrote:

> [...]
> > > the Product->Content screen in the Catalog Manager.
> > >
> > > In any case, there is infrastructure to do this in OFBiz based on the
> > > Content Manager, and it looks like Hans may have work coming up improve
> > > the forums (I'll let Hans verify/dispute that and add any details).
> > >
> > > Some other area could use some improvement but are functional at least
> > > and could be used for in-browser maintenance of pages like these. Some
> > > revision management stuff has also been added (as part of the CompDoc
> > > stuff) that could be used to customize the admin part of this to support
> > > keeping historical changes, rolling back, etc.
> > >
> > > It isn't well documented yet for the end-user perspective because the
> > > functionality is still fairly raw and really requires some development to
> > > use effectively. Quite a few sites have done this, so it really is a

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
Hans, how are things look for new content management organization still
being released this week?  I just don't want to spend too much time
laying in content if there's a newly thought out way of doing it coming
out soon.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let me
> first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David Jones
> designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this component.
>
> Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component was
> converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it was not
> not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
>
> I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and found
> that the main parts of the content component did not work properly so i
> improved that too.
> if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
> working backend page editing system using the html editor.
>
> It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it will be
> using the multi language feature for text pages.
>
> the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Re: Users - Content Management

Hans Bakker
Hi Tim,
I have roughly the content and dataResource working in the content component
and used the contentList in the hotelbackend.

You can edit a website page now, however, i have to add the mutilanguage
capability in the hotelbackend..

Hans

On Friday 26 May 2006 00:45, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> Hans, how are things look for new content management organization still
> being released this week?  I just don't want to spend too much time
> laying in content if there's a newly thought out way of doing it coming
> out soon.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> Hans Bakker wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> >
> > as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let
> > me first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David
> > Jones designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this
> > component.
> >
> > Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component
> > was converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it
> > was not not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
> >
> > I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and
> > found that the main parts of the content component did not work properly
> > so i improved that too.
> > if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
> > working backend page editing system using the html editor.
> >
> > It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it
> > will be using the multi language feature for text pages.
> >
> > the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
No problem - just let me know when it's up there and I'll upgrade and
stat playing with it.  The multilanguage stuff is going to be important
to my customer, but not this weekend ;)

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> I have roughly the content and dataResource working in the content component
> and used the contentList in the hotelbackend.
>
> You can edit a website page now, however, i have to add the mutilanguage
> capability in the hotelbackend..
>
> Hans
>
> On Friday 26 May 2006 00:45, Tim Ruppert wrote:
>
>> Hans, how are things look for new content management organization still
>> being released this week?  I just don't want to spend too much time
>> laying in content if there's a newly thought out way of doing it coming
>> out soon.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>>
>> Tim Ruppert
>> HotWax Media
>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>
>> o:801.649.6594
>> f:801.649.6595
>>
>> Hans Bakker wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tim,
>>>
>>> as you noticed, I am in the process of making this component usefull. Let
>>> me first emphasize that (as i understood it) about 2 years ago David
>>> Jones designed and Al Buyers implemented the first version of this
>>> component.
>>>
>>> Since then as you know widgets have appeared and the content component
>>> was converted to widgets (Andrew?). Although a lot of work was done, it
>>> was not not completed, that is what i am attempting doing now.....
>>>
>>> I am redesigning the backend content part of the opentravelsystem and
>>> found that the main parts of the content component did not work properly
>>> so i improved that too.
>>> if you could wait al least until the end of this week then i will have a
>>> working backend page editing system using the html editor.
>>>
>>> It will be using the content -> dataresource -> electronic text and it
>>> will be using the multi language feature for text pages.
>>>
>>> the connection to the product i do not have yet planned to implement.

Re: Users - Content Management

Hans Bakker
The principle is working and it is in SVN

In OTS, try the localhost:8080/hds, you can switch between 2 languages and the
pages are linked to a publishpoint. Do not forget to load the demodata before
that.

The OTS backend however is not completely ready however you can edit pages in
the standard ofbiz content/resource content component.

On Friday 26 May 2006 05:43, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> No problem - just let me know when it's up there and I'll upgrade and
> stat playing with it.  The multilanguage stuff is going to be important
> to my customer, but not this weekend ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> Hans Bakker wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> > I have roughly the content and dataResource working in the content
> > component and used the contentList in the hotelbackend.
> >
> > You can edit a website page now, however, i have to add the mutilanguage
> > capability in the hotelbackend..
> >
> > Hans
> >
> > On Friday 26 May 2006 00:45, Tim Ruppert wrote:
> >> Hans, how are things look for new content management organization still
> >> being released this week?  I just don't want to spend too much time
> >> laying in content if there's a newly thought out way of doing it coming
> >> out soon.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Tim
> >>
> >> Tim Ruppert
> >> HotWax Media
> >> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
> >>
> >> o:801.649.6594
> >> f:801.649.6595

Re: Users - Content Management

Tim Ruppert
Hans, I will check this today and tomorrow and get back to you.  Thanks
so much for the time you spent improving this module.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Hans Bakker wrote:

> The principle is working and it is in SVN
>
> In OTS, try the localhost:8080/hds, you can switch between 2 languages and the
> pages are linked to a publishpoint. Do not forget to load the demodata before
> that.
>
> The OTS backend however is not completely ready however you can edit pages in
> the standard ofbiz content/resource content component.

Re: Users - Content Management

Blessing, Jeffrey J
I'm having trouble with some OTS URLs.  About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting null pointer exceptions from http://localhost:8080/hds (while http://localhost:8080/hs worked fine).  Upon inspection I discovered that while an 'hs' entity existed in my DB, there was no corresponding 'hds' entity.  So I attempted to correct this by doing:

svn update
ant clean
ant run-install
ant run

but no luck (still no 'hds' entity).  Also there is no response to http://localhost:8080/hotelfrontend (but http://localhost:8080/hotelbackend works fine).  I think http://localhost:8080/hotelsimple was deprecated (replaced by http://localhost:8080/hs) but these other URLs used to work (about a month ago).  This is not a serious issue, but I just want to find out what's up with my DB.  Any suggestions?

________________________________

ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com <http://www.antwebsystems.com/> )

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

On Friday 26 May 2006 05:43, Tim Ruppert wrote:

> No problem - just let me know when it's up there and I'll upgrade and
> stat playing with it.  The multilanguage stuff is going to be important
> to my customer, but not this weekend ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com <http://www.hotwaxmedia.com/>
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> Hans Bakker wrote:
> > Hi Tim,
> > I have roughly the content and dataResource working in the content
> > component and used the contentList in the hotelbackend.
> >
> > You can edit a website page now, however, i have to add the mutilanguage
> > capability in the hotelbackend..
> >
> > Hans
> >
> > On Friday 26 May 2006 00:45, Tim Ruppert wrote:
> >> Hans, how are things look for new content management organization still
> >> being released this week?  I just don't want to spend too much time
> >> laying in content if there's a newly thought out way of doing it coming
> >> out soon.
> >>
> >> Thanks again.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Tim
> >>
> >> Tim Ruppert
> >> HotWax Media
> >> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com <http://www.hotwaxmedia.com/>
> >>
> >> o:801.649.6594
> >> f:801.649.6595

winmail.dat (10K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Content Management

BJ Freeman
go to the ofbiz-component.xml for the opentravel app and see what is
setup for the mount-point

Blessing, Jeffrey J sent the following on 5/29/2006 10:55 AM:

> I'm having trouble with some OTS URLs.  About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting null pointer exceptions from http://localhost:8080/hds (while http://localhost:8080/hs worked fine).  Upon inspection I discovered that while an 'hs' entity existed in my DB, there was no corresponding 'hds' entity.  So I attempted to correct this by doing:
>
> svn update
> ant clean
> ant run-install
> ant run
>
> but no luck (still no 'hds' entity).  Also there is no response to http://localhost:8080/hotelfrontend (but http://localhost:8080/hotelbackend works fine).  I think http://localhost:8080/hotelsimple was deprecated (replaced by http://localhost:8080/hs) but these other URLs used to work (about a month ago).  This is not a serious issue, but I just want to find out what's up with my DB.  Any suggestions?
>
> ________________________________

also go to the component-load.xml in the specialized folder and see if
the opentravel is loaded.

BJ Freeman sent the following on 5/29/2006 11:29 AM:

> go to the ofbiz-component.xml for the opentravel app and see what is
> setup for the mount-point
>
> Blessing, Jeffrey J sent the following on 5/29/2006 10:55 AM:
>> I'm having trouble with some OTS URLs.  About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting null pointer exceptions from http://localhost:8080/hds (while http://localhost:8080/hs worked fine).  Upon inspection I discovered that while an 'hs' entity existed in my DB, there was no corresponding 'hds' entity.  So I attempted to correct this by doing:
>>
>> svn update
>> ant clean
>> ant run-install
>> ant run
>>
>> but no luck (still no 'hds' entity).  Also there is no response to http://localhost:8080/hotelfrontend (but http://localhost:8080/hotelbackend works fine).  I think http://localhost:8080/hotelsimple was deprecated (replaced by http://localhost:8080/hs) but these other URLs used to work (about a month ago).  This is not a serious issue, but I just want to find out what's up with my DB.  Any suggestions?

The specialized/opentravelsystem/ofbiz-component.xml is unmodified from the SVN repository (I'm running an update from this morning) and the specialized/component-load.xml file has been modified to load the "community" and "opentravelsystem" components (all others are still commented out).

winmail.dat (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Users - Content Management

BJ Freeman
in then log did you see them loaded?
did you use the mount-point specified in the ofbiz-component.xml?

Blessing, Jeffrey J sent the following on 5/29/2006 11:39 AM: