Users - Creating Virtual Products with optional variants

Users - Creating Virtual Products with optional variants

ranjan.madhav
Creating Virtual Products with optional variants

Hi all,

I'm new to ofbiz. I want to know if it's possible to create following setup in ofbiz using Virtual Product concept:

There is a top level virtual product (say, Box) which is a bundle of items. This product will have some compulsory items and a list of optional items (I don't know if optional items are possible to set up using virtual product !!).

Suppose we have 10 optional different constituent items which can be selected in a Box.
Now I want to create 5 different variants (with sequence number 1 to 5) of each constituent items.

When a user selects the Box product then all the compulsory as well as optional constituent items will be displayed. Note that at a time, only one of the variant of each optional item is displayed.

        The constraint on the optional items is these can be selected only a predefined MAX no. of times, e.g., a total of 5 optional constituent items can be selected for a Box product. It can be either all 5 variants of a single optional item or it can be aggregated from different optional consituent items.

Thanks in advance,
Agent Smith,
Real World

Re: Users - Creating Virtual Products with optional variants

Creating Virtual Products with optional variants
Hi,

For optional items you have to use configuration.

Jacques

Re: Users - Creating Virtual Products with optional variants

David E. Jones

Yeah, this sounds like it goes way beyond the scope of virtual/
variant products. In fact, it may even go beyond the configurable
product functionality... though that should be closer.

-David