Users - Creating a catalog administrator login

bjc

Users - Creating a catalog administrator login

bjc
Hi all,

How would I go about creating a "catalog administrator" person who's
allowed to do anything and everything to a catalog?  I keep getting
stuck - every time I log in as my user login with the CATALOG_ADMIN
security group associated, I am unable to enter a new price on a
product.  I get a message telling me I must have CATALOG_PRICE_MAINT,
but I've already added that Permission to the CATALOG_ADMIN security
group.  I seem to be able to do other things in the catalog, so what
gives?

Do I have to flush the privileges to have my changes to what
constitutes the Security Group recognized?  Or does this fit together
differently?

I'm on ofbiz build 7009.

Thanks for any help,

   Ben

Re: Users - Creating a catalog administrator login

Jacopo Cappellato
Benjamin,

I'm not sure but my guess is that you are having problems due to the
user's privileges being cached.
You can clear up your cache entries in the Webtools->Cache Maintenance page

Hope this helps,

Jacopo

bjc

Re: Users - Creating a catalog administrator login

bjc
Perfect, Jacopo - thank you!  I'm sure growing to love the WebTools
application :-)

   Ben