Users - Deletion of sample data...

bjc

Users - Deletion of sample data...

bjc
Folks,

It seems like a simple starting point to let ofbiz install the sample
data in my ecommerce application and then begin deleting things.  Is
this true?  It seems as though some things don't offer an obvious
delete button through the interface, including Stores, WebSites, or
even Categories.  In particular, though I can remove a Category from
a Product, Catalog, etc.,  I don't know how to delete the Category
altogether.  The problem, of course, is that my client will be faced
with categories like Boat Rental and his forty theives when there are
combo boxes listing the categories.  He would have to fish out the
categories that are really his.

Is this something that can be safely done?  At what level - database,
entity engine, interface, other?  Or am I just on the wrong track and
would be better off without installing the sample data?

Hoping for advice,

   Ben

Re: Users - Deletion of sample data...

Jacopo Cappellato
You can simply import the seed data (not the demo data) in an empty db
running this command:

ant run-install-seed

Jacopo

bjc

Re: Users - Deletion of sample data...

bjc
Sounds like the simplest thing that could work... another satisfied
customer :-)

   Ben