Users - Domestic or Export sales

amailx-ofbiz
Hi,
What will be the best way to flag the Order If its Domestic or Export sales.

Most of the report that client needs need this information.

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Users - Domestic or Export sales

David E. Jones

I guess it depends... domestic or export in terms of where it is to be shipped, where it is to be billed, etc...

The best thing to do is look at the PostalAddresses associated with the order for the specific contact mech purpose type (shipping, billing, etc).

-David

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> What will be the best way to flag the Order If its Domestic or Export sales.
>
> Most of the report that client needs need this information.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel

Re: Users - Domestic or Export sales

amailx-ofbiz
In this case, Client is association of Producers. The data it gets deos not have shipping address, In fact we don't know any thing about the buyer. In the data we get, There is a flag that tells if the sale was Export or Domestic.

The data is stored for reporting purposes. Is there a way to store this information so is easy to read.

Anil

[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> What will be the best way to flag the Order If its Domestic or Export sales.
>
> Most of the report that client needs need this information.
>
> Regards
> Anil Patel

Re: Users - Domestic or Export sales

David E. Jones

Then I guess it comes down to what you'd do with any custom stuff: use an attribute or add a field.

-David

[hidden email] wrote:

> In this case, Client is association of Producers. The data it gets deos
> not have shipping address, In fact we don't know any thing about the
> buyer. In the data we get, There is a flag that tells if the sale was
> Export or Domestic.
>
> The data is stored for reporting purposes. Is there a way to store this
> information so is easy to read.
>
> Anil
>

> */"David E. Jones" <[hidden email]>/* wrote:
>

>     I guess it depends... domestic or export in terms of where it is to
>     be shipped, where it is to be billed, etc...
>
>     The best thing to do is look at the PostalAddresses associated with
>     the order for the specific contact mech purpose type (shipping,
>     billing, etc).
>
>     -David
>

>     [hidden email] wrote:
>      > Hi,
>      > What will be the best way to flag the Order If its Domestic or
>     Export sales.
>      >
>      > Most of the report that client needs need this information.
>      >
>      > Regards
>      > Anil Patel
>      >
>      >
>      >

Re: Users - Domestic or Export sales

cjhowe
You would want to create an entry in the OrderAttribute Entity to flag this.