Users - Ecommerce: Using BillingAccount for checkout returns "Please select a method of payment"

Users - Ecommerce: Using BillingAccount for checkout returns "Please select a method of payment"

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

I am having difficulty using BillingAccount for checkout in ecommerce application. The BillingAccount is set properly (shows in the quickcheckout screen) and is being passed when CheckOutEvents.setCheckOutOptions is invoked. But in this function, getSelectedPaymentMethods returns empty map--not sure if it needs to have something set for billing account. BillingAccount information is being passed to CheckOutHelper.setCheckOutOptions correctly but there setCheckOutPaymentInternal fails to find billing account as selected payment method. My questions are

  1. Should CheckOutEvents.setSelectedPaymentMethod set billing account as a payment method?, or
  2. Should CheckOutHelper. setCheckOutPaymentInternal find billing account as selected payment method although its parameter selectedPaymentMethods map is empty?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Ecommerce: Using BillingAccount for checkout returns "Please select a method of payment"

cjhowe
Trying to answer both of your threads on this topic...

To get the Pay Only with Billing Account selected, in
checkoutpayment.bsh you need to change....

if (cart != null) {
    if (cart.getPaymentMethodIds().size() > 0) {
        checkOutPaymentId =
cart.getPaymentMethodIds().get(0);
    } else if (cart.getPaymentMethodTypeIds().size() >
0) {
        checkOutPaymentId =
cart.getPaymentMethodTypeIds().get(0);
    }
}

to:

============Vinay wrote:

[...]

checkoutpayment.bsh you need to move ....

"context.put("checkOutPaymentId", checkOutPaymentId);

to the end of the file

and right before that line add in something like....

if ((checkoutPaymentId = "") &&
(billingAccountList.size()>0)) {
checkoutPaymentId = "EXT_BILLACT"
}

if (billingAccountList.size() == 1){
billingAccount =
EntityUtil.getFirst(billingAccountList)
context.put("selectedBillingAccount",
billingAccout.billingAccountId)
}

that will select the pay only with billing account and
also select the first (and only) billing account
returned

============Vinay wrote:

[...]

David E. Jones

Chris,

Just to clarify, make sure I'm understanding what you're writing: the checkout process works as-is, but if you want to change it so that it doesn't require the user to select the pay with billing account radio button and to automatically select the first available billing account then this code could be used.

Or are you saying that the current checkout process is not working?

-David

Chris Howe wrote:

> Trying to answer both of your threads on this topic...
>
> To get the Pay Only with Billing Account selected, in
> checkoutpayment.bsh you need to move ....
>
> "context.put("checkOutPaymentId", checkOutPaymentId);
>
> to the end of the file
>
> and right before that line add in something like....
>
> if ((checkoutPaymentId = "") &&
> (billingAccountList.size()>0)) {
> checkoutPaymentId = "EXT_BILLACT"
> }
>
> if (billingAccountList.size() == 1){
> billingAccount =
> EntityUtil.getFirst(billingAccountList)
> context.put("selectedBillingAccount",
> billingAccout.billingAccountId)
> }
>

> that will select the pay only with billing account and
> also select the first (and only) billing account
> returned
>

> ============Vinay wrote:
>

> Hello,
>

> I am having difficulty using BillingAccount for
> checkout in ecommerce
> application. The BillingAccount is set properly (shows
> in the
> quickcheckout
> screen) and is being passed when
> CheckOutEvents.setCheckOutOptions is
> invoked. But in this function,
> getSelectedPaymentMethods returns empty
> map--not sure if it needs to have something set for
> billing account.
> BillingAccount information is being passed to
> CheckOutHelper.setCheckOutOptions correctly but there
> setCheckOutPaymentInternal fails to find billing
> account as selected
> payment
> method. My questions are
>

> 1. Should CheckOutEvents.setSelectedPaymentMethod set
> billing account
> as a payment method?, or
> 2. Should CheckOutHelper. setCheckOutPaymentInternal
> find billing
> account as selected payment method although its
> parameter
> selectedPaymentMethods map is empty?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Ecommerce: Using BillingAccount for checkout returns "Please select a method of payment"

Vinay Agarwal
David,

I cannot make the checkout process to work in ecommerce if a billing account
is used. As I wrote in my previous email,
CheckOutEvents.getSelectedPaymentMethods returns empty map and,
subsequently, it finds no payment method although a billingAccountId and an
amount is provided.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Chris Howe wrote:

> Trying to answer both of your threads on this topic...
>
> To get the Pay Only with Billing Account selected, in
> checkoutpayment.bsh you need to move ....
>
> "context.put("checkOutPaymentId", checkOutPaymentId);
>
> to the end of the file
>
> and right before that line add in something like....
>
> if ((checkoutPaymentId = "") &&
> (billingAccountList.size()>0)) {
> checkoutPaymentId = "EXT_BILLACT"
> }
>
> if (billingAccountList.size() == 1){
> billingAccount =
> EntityUtil.getFirst(billingAccountList)
> context.put("selectedBillingAccount",
> billingAccout.billingAccountId)
> }
>

> that will select the pay only with billing account and
> also select the first (and only) billing account
> returned
>

> ============Vinay wrote:
>

> Hello,
>

> I am having difficulty using BillingAccount for
> checkout in ecommerce
> application. The BillingAccount is set properly (shows
> in the
> quickcheckout
> screen) and is being passed when
> CheckOutEvents.setCheckOutOptions is
> invoked. But in this function,
> getSelectedPaymentMethods returns empty
> map--not sure if it needs to have something set for
> billing account.
> BillingAccount information is being passed to
> CheckOutHelper.setCheckOutOptions correctly but there
> setCheckOutPaymentInternal fails to find billing
> account as selected
> payment
> method. My questions are
>

> 1. Should CheckOutEvents.setSelectedPaymentMethod set
> billing account
> as a payment method?, or
> 2. Should CheckOutHelper. setCheckOutPaymentInternal
> find billing
> account as selected payment method although its
> parameter
> selectedPaymentMethods map is empty?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - Ecommerce: Using BillingAccount for checkout returns "Please select a method of payment"

cjhowe
What I offered was to make it so that it would default
select the billing account (if there weren't other
payment methods and only one billingaccout in the case
I showed)

I don't actually know if that part of the svn checkout
process is working or not, we use a differences app
that uses our own code in the checkout process.