Users - Find party main screen is not working

Users - Find party main screen is not working

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hello Everybody,

Any body of you noted that Find Party Search main screen is not working on searching particular field basis.
I m getting the following error :

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen [component://party/widget/partymgr/PartyScreens.xml#findparty]: org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen [component://party/widget/partymgr/CommonScreens.xml#main-decorator]: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException: The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: Service Error [findParty]: Failure in party find operation, rolling back transaction: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PT.PARTY_ID AS PARTY_ID, PT.PARTY_TYPE_ID AS PARTY_TYPE_ID FROM PARTY PT WHERE (UPPER(PT.PARTY_ID) LIKE UPPER('%admin%')) (Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like') (The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: Service Error [findParty]: Failure in party find operation, rolling back transaction: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PT.PARTY_ID AS PARTY_ID, PT.PARTY_TYPE_ID AS PARTY_TYPE_ID FROM PARTY PT WHERE (UPPER(PT.PARTY_ID) LIKE UPPER('%admin%')) (Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like')) (Error rendering screen [component://party/widget/partymgr/CommonScreens.xml#main-decorator]: org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.GenericTransactionException: The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: Service Error [findParty]: Failure in party find operation, rolling back transaction: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PT.PARTY_ID AS PARTY_ID, PT.PARTY_TYPE_ID AS PARTY_TYPE_ID FROM PARTY PT WHERE (UPPER(PT.PARTY_ID) LIKE UPPER('%admin%')) (Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like') (The current transaction is marked for rollback, not beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the rollbackOnly was caused by: Service Error [findParty]: Failure in party find operation, rolling back transaction: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PT.PARTY_ID AS PARTY_ID, PT.PARTY_TYPE_ID AS PARTY_TYPE_ID FROM PARTY PT WHERE (UPPER(PT.PARTY_ID) LIKE UPPER('%admin%')) (Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like')))

Re: Users - Find party main screen is not working

David E. Jones

Looks like a problem with your database setup, and let me guess... you're using MySQL...

This actually isn't something that can be corrected in OFBiz. You'll have to look at the collation settings on the various columns involved in this operation and decide on an approach get change them so that they are all the same.

This is a quirk that is somewhat unique to MySQL, and yes I've had the pleasure of dealing with it before.

If your group has MySQL experience this shouldn't be a problem. If you don't have MySQL experience you might try another database, like Postgres for example, which doesn't seem to be as temperamental.

-David

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> [...]
> (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
> operation 'like') (The current transaction is marked for rollback, not
> beginning a new transaction and aborting current operation; the
> rollbackOnly was caused by: Service Error [findParty]: Failure in party
> find operation, rolling back transaction:
> org.ofbiz.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while
> executing the following:SELECT DISTINCT PT.PARTY_ID AS PARTY_ID,
> PT.PARTY_TYPE_ID AS PARTY_TYPE_ID FROM PARTY PT WHERE
> (UPPER(PT.PARTY_ID) LIKE UPPER('%admin%')) (Illegal mix of collations
> (latin1_general_cs,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
> operation 'like')))

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman5/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>
> and save big.

Re: Users - Find party main screen is not working

Si Chen-2
Yeah, make sure you set MySQL to UTF-8 charset.  Otherwise it will not work.  Si

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

[...]

New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC