Users - Hello World 3 from Si Chen does not work

Users - Hello World 3 from Si Chen does not work

Ling Wang
I am new to ofbiz. Just downloaded HelloWorld
tutorials from http://www.opensourcestrategies.com.
First 2 works fine on the latest ofbiz. The 3rd Hello
World is giving me errors which I tried to fix but in
vain.

Here is the exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.ofbiz.widget.form.ModelFormField.getTitle(ModelFormField.java:927)

Here is the source code:
Map uiLabelMap = (Map) context.get("uiLabelMap");
            String titleFieldName = "FormFieldTitle_"
+ this.name;
            String localizedName = (String)
uiLabelMap.get(titleFieldName);

uiLabelMap = (Map) context.get("uiLabelMap");
returns null and crashes when uiLabelMap.get gets
called.

Is this by design. In other words, you must have a
LabelMap in the config directory for
internationalization?

Be nice if someone can help out.

Thanks in advance.

Ling Wang

Re: Users - Hello World 3 from Si Chen does not work

David E. Jones
Which revision of OFBiz are you using? I believe this was fixed already...

-David

Ling Wang wrote:

> I am new to ofbiz. Just downloaded HelloWorld
> tutorials from http://www.opensourcestrategies.com.
> First 2 works fine on the latest ofbiz. The 3rd Hello
> World is giving me errors which I tried to fix but in
> vain.
>
> Here is the exception:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> org.ofbiz.widget.form.ModelFormField.getTitle(ModelFormField.java:927)
>
> Here is the source code:
> Map uiLabelMap = (Map) context.get("uiLabelMap");
>             String titleFieldName = "FormFieldTitle_"
> + this.name;
>             String localizedName = (String)
> uiLabelMap.get(titleFieldName);
>
> uiLabelMap = (Map) context.get("uiLabelMap");
> returns null and crashes when uiLabelMap.get gets
> called.
>
> Is this by design. In other words, you must have a
> LabelMap in the config directory for
> internationalization?
>
> Be nice if someone can help out.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ling Wang

Re: Users - Hello World 3 from Si Chen does not work

Ling Wang
Where is the right place to look for the revision?
Here is a line I took from my build.xml:

$Id: build.xml 6987 2006-03-13 04:29:10Z jonesde $

It is fairly recent. It is about a week old since I
got from ofbiz svn.

Thanks.

Ling