Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form Widgets ???

Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form Widgets ???

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi,

We know that the method to default focus of cursor on particular text field is :
    <!--//
      document.lookupparty.partyId.focus();
    //-->
  </script>

What about Form Widgets ???????

Thx in advance.

Regards
Ashish

"You can't always get what you want but if you try real hard,
you might just find that you get what you need"

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form W

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Anyone of you know the syntax for Form Widget---->For cursor focus on particular field in the form

Re: Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form W

Andrew Sykes
Ashish,

I'm not sure that it does this "out of the box", although someone might
know better.

You should be able to just add a bit of javascript yourself though.

checkout the javascript focus() method.

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 14:25 -0700, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> Anyone of you know the syntax for Form Widget---->For cursor focus on
> particular field in the form
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form W

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
I know this Java Script focus function and i used it in ftl files so many times.
And in form widget i didn't saw such a javascript code that's why i asked for it.
I tried this javascript function in form widget and let me try it again.
Thanks for your time andrew

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form W

David E. Jones

I think Andrew is correct and there is no special form widget feature to handle this. You can just use your own FTL template that is included after the form in the screen definition and just drop the JavaScript in there referring to the form and field names defined in your form, which I think is what Andrew was getting at.

-David

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> I know this Java Script focus function and i used it in ftl files so many
> times.
> And in form widget i didn't saw such a javascript code that's why i asked
> for it.
> I tried this javascript function in form widget and let me try it again.
> Thanks for your time andrew
>
> Regards
> Ashish

Re: Users - How to --> Default cursor focus on text field through Form W

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Yeah David that's working...Thx for your kind support.