Users - How to keep up to date to new release?

Users - How to keep up to date to new release?

rizki.wicaksono
Hello ofbiz users,

I downloaded weekly build 6532 last january, and it's all fine. Now I
want to update to the newest release (hopefully stable one). I try to
use svn to update it, but it seems doesn't works. After updating ofbiz
using svn, now I can't start ofbiz.

Do I have to download package weekly builds (> 120 MB)  to update my
ofbiz package ?

Thank you.
- rizki wicaksono -

Re: Users - How to keep up to date to new release?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Rizki,

What error are you getting?
In general, from the ofbiz folder, you have to do:

- svn update
- ant clean
- ant build

Jacopo

Rizki Wicaksono wrote:

> Hello ofbiz users,
>
> I downloaded weekly build 6532 last january, and it's all fine. Now I
> want to update to the newest release (hopefully stable one). I try to
> use svn to update it, but it seems doesn't works. After updating ofbiz
> using svn, now I can't start ofbiz.
>
> Do I have to download package weekly builds (> 120 MB)  to update my
> ofbiz package ?
>
> Thank you.
> - rizki wicaksono -

Re: Users - How to keep up to date to new release?

> I downloaded weekly build 6532 last january, and it's all fine. Now I
> want to update to the newest release (hopefully stable one). I try to
> use svn to update it, but it seems doesn't works. After updating ofbiz
> using svn, now I can't start ofbiz.

It works for me this morning at svn 7100. Check your installation, please.

> Do I have to download package weekly builds (> 120 MB)  to update my
> ofbiz package ?

No, only "svn up" (or svn update)

Jacques

> Thank you.
> - rizki wicaksono -

Re: Users - How to keep up to date to new release?

Vinay Agarwal
Rizki,
Couple of months ago, there were major changes made to OFBiz libraries. All
db libraries, other than derby, were removed. If you are using another db,
you would have to add the library back.
Vinay

> I downloaded weekly build 6532 last january, and it's all fine. Now I
> want to update to the newest release (hopefully stable one). I try to
> use svn to update it, but it seems doesn't works. After updating ofbiz
> using svn, now I can't start ofbiz.

It works for me this morning at svn 7100. Check your installation, please.

> Do I have to download package weekly builds (> 120 MB)  to update my
> ofbiz package ?

No, only "svn up" (or svn update)

Jacques

2006/3/29, Jacopo Cappellato <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Rizki,
>
> What error are you getting?
> In general, from the ofbiz folder, you have to do:
>
> - svn update
> - ant clean
> - ant build

Thank you for your answer, I didn't know that I have to rebuild ofbiz
after updating. I have updated my ofbiz to rev 7119.

Thank you.
- Rizki Wicaksono -