Users - How to present products for quotation NOT for direct sale?

Users - How to present products for quotation NOT for direct sale?

Ali -
Hi,

I am trying to set up a shop based on ofbiz where the products prices are
not shown to the customer. Instead, the customer can add the products to the
basket and check out without any payment or shipping steps. The shop admin
receives this order as a list of items and corresponding quantities.
Finally, a quotation can be created by the admin based on the submitted
basket items.

Is it possible to do such a thing in ofbiz?

Re: Users - How to present products for quotation NOT for direct sale?

Si Chen-2
Yes.  You are actually talking about getting customers to create a Quote
request and then the admin sends a quote back.  Checkout the order
manager's quote tab - it can be externalized.  In fact, some of it
probably already has been done - though it's better if I let Jacopo
speak for that, since he did most of it.

Si

Ali - wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up a shop based on ofbiz where the products prices are
> not shown to the customer. Instead, the customer can add the products to the
> basket and check out without any payment or shipping steps. The shop admin
> receives this order as a list of items and corresponding quantities.
> Finally, a quotation can be created by the admin based on the submitted
> basket items.
>
> Is it possible to do such a thing in ofbiz?

Re: Users - How to present products for quotation NOT for direct sale?

Jacopo Cappellato
Hi Ali,

Si is right; what you need is already implemented.
In the shopping cart screen ("View Cart") there is a link to create a
"quote" instead of an order; as soon as the quote is submitted, it will
be available to the admin in the Order component under the "quote" menu:
edit the prices there and when you are satisfied, change the quote's
status to "approved"; the customer in the ecommerce site will see it
(under the ecommerce's "quote" menu) and will have a chance to change it
into an order (or the order can be created directly by the admin in the
order component).

About the prices: you'll have to customize the ecommerce screens to not
shown them.

Jacopo

Si Chen wrote:

> Yes.  You are actually talking about getting customers to create a Quote
> request and then the admin sends a quote back.  Checkout the order
> manager's quote tab - it can be externalized.  In fact, some of it
> probably already has been done - though it's better if I let Jacopo
> speak for that, since he did most of it.
>
> Si
>
> Ali - wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to set up a shop based on ofbiz where the products prices are
>> not shown to the customer. Instead, the customer can add the products to the
>> basket and check out without any payment or shipping steps. The shop admin
>> receives this order as a list of items and corresponding quantities.
>> Finally, a quotation can be created by the admin based on the submitted
>> basket items.
>>
>> Is it possible to do such a thing in ofbiz?

Re: Users - How to present products for quotation NOT for direct sale?

Ali -
Si and Jacopo,

Thanks for the useful answer.

(1) Is there any implementation of an alert system so that the admin can be
notified by email about a new quote request and also the customer can be
notified about an approved quote?

(2) It seems there is no option implemented for hiding the price. As prices
are everywhere (in categories, cards, ...), it could need a lot of
customisations. How easy is it to customise an screen? (would it be in java
level or just editing some html template?) What is the optimum way of hiding
prices so that with one switch the whole prices can be on and off?

Ali - wrote:
> Si and Jacopo,
>
> Thanks for the useful answer.
>
> (1) Is there any implementation of an alert system so that the admin can be
> notified by email about a new quote request and also the customer can be
> notified about an approved quote?

Nothing that I'm aware of.

> (2) It seems there is no option implemented for hiding the price. As prices
> are everywhere (in categories, cards, ...), it could need a lot of
> customisations. How easy is it to customise an screen? (would it be in java
> level or just editing some html template?) What is the optimum way of hiding
> prices so that with one switch the whole prices can be on and off?

You'll have to modify a few ftl templates to hide the prices: rather
simple task because they are html templates.
Such a switch should be stored in a new field in the ProductStore entity
(see Catalog-->Stores).