Users - How to restart failed services in JobSandbox

Users - How to restart failed services in JobSandbox

Brett
I have a set of email services that failed due to a configuration
error on my server.  My email services are set to retry 3 times and
then stop.  What do I have to change in the record to get the service
engine to resend the emails?

For example, do I need to reset the start_date_time and
finish_date_time to null as well as the set the status_id field the
"PENDING_SERVICE"?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brett

Re: Users - How to restart failed services in JobSandbox

David E. Jones

Brett,

Yes, you should be able to do that just fine, ie set the statusId to "SERVICE_PENDING".

Off the top of my head I'm not sure what it does with the status of failed services. It would be nice if they stayed in the failed status so you could just query on those and even do a query to reset the status for a given service name. I'm not sure if it does that though... Also, it would be nice if the failed jobs were not removed by the purge old jobs service.

Andy would probably know off the top of his head... I'll try to remember to ask him when we talk later today.

-David