Users - HowTo set a screen widget include screen in the bean shell?

Users - HowTo set a screen widget include screen in the bean shell?

Ruth Hoffman
Hello All:

Is this possible?
Set a screen widget include screen or field value in the Bean Shell
(dynamically) and then have it available to use in the screen widget?
For example, in the Bean Shell I say something like:

context.put("screen_name", "ascreen");

In the screen widget defintion I want to:

<set field="some_screen_name" value= [this is the value from the Bean
Shell = "screen_name" = ascreen] /> or even

<include-screen name="${????}" ...>   (so that ???? is resolved to ascreen)?

TIA
Ruth

Re: Users - HowTo set a screen widget include screen in the bean shell?

Leon Torres-2
Yes, this is fairly easy. The steps:

1.  From your bsh script, put the screen name and location of the screen name in
the context:

     context.put("screen_name", "something");
     context.put("screen_location", "component://path/to/screen.xml");

2.  Call this script in the actions of the parent screen that does
the<include-screen>

<screen>
   <section>

3.  The context is available to the contents of the <widgets> element, so you
can immediately do this,

     <widgets>
       <include-screen name="${screen_name}" location="${screen_location}"
     </widgets>
   </section>
</screen>

Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Is this possible?
> Set a screen widget include screen or field value in the Bean Shell
> (dynamically) and then have it available to use in the screen widget?
> For example, in the Bean Shell I say something like:
>
> context.put("screen_name", "ascreen");
>
> In the screen widget defintion I want to:
>
> <set field="some_screen_name" value= [this is the value from the Bean
> Shell = "screen_name" = ascreen] /> or even
>
> <include-screen name="${????}" ...>   (so that ???? is resolved to ascreen)?
>
> TIA
> Ruth

Re: Users - HowTo set a screen widget include screen in the bean shell?

Ruth Hoffman
Ah, thanks Leon.
It didn't even occur to me to give a screen_location. Is there any way
to print out log statements from the screen widget xml file as it is
building the screens? Since there were no error messages thrown while
the screen was being built, I had no way of knowing why screen values
set in bsh weren't being found.

Thanks again,
Ruth