Users - Multiple Pricing for one Product

Users - Multiple Pricing for one Product

Jaya Christina B

Hello,

I have a requirement where One Product could have multiple pricing.
The Multiple pricing is for multiple vendors for the same product.

A user can land on a Product page from multiple vendor's site. Depending
on which vendor he comes from, the pricing would differ.
But I need to have only one Product in effect, but with multiple pricing
depending on the vendor's id.

I think this could/should be implemented using Pricing Rules.

Could you please help me with this & provide some links/pointers where I
can dig up more information

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jaya.

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: Users - Multiple Pricing for one Product

Andrew Sykes
Jaya,

I'm a little confused by your description, Do you mean the product page
would display multiple prices for a single product (like amazon's used
books)

Or

The product's price varies depending on who is viewing the product?

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 15:32 +0530, Jaya Christina B wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a requirement where One Product could have multiple pricing.
> The Multiple pricing is for multiple vendors for the same product.
>
> A user can land on a Product page from multiple vendor's site. Depending
> on which vendor he comes from, the pricing would differ.
> But I need to have only one Product in effect, but with multiple pricing
> depending on the vendor's id.
>
> I think this could/should be implemented using Pricing Rules.
>
> Could you please help me with this & provide some links/pointers where I
> can dig up more information
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Jaya.
>
> ============================================================================================================================
>
> Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.
>

> Disclaimer:
>

> The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.
>

> This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>
Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Re: Users - Multiple Pricing for one Product

Jaya Christina B

Apologies Andrew.
This (the latter) is what I meant: The product's price varies depending
on who is viewing the product
Tx.

Rgds,
Jaya.

I'm a little confused by your description, Do you mean the product page
would display multiple prices for a single product (like amazon's used
books)

Or

The product's price varies depending on who is viewing the product?

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 15:32 +0530, Jaya Christina B wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a requirement where One Product could have multiple pricing.
> The Multiple pricing is for multiple vendors for the same product.
>
> A user can land on a Product page from multiple vendor's site.
> Depending on which vendor he comes from, the pricing would differ.
> But I need to have only one Product in effect, but with multiple
> pricing depending on the vendor's id.
>
> I think this could/should be implemented using Pricing Rules.
>
> Could you please help me with this & provide some links/pointers where

> I can dig up more information
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Jaya.

Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]> Sykes Development Ltd
http://www.sykesdevelopment.com

Tech Mahindra, formerly Mahindra-British Telecom.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Tech Mahindra and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee(s). In case you are not the desired addressee, you should delete this message and/or re-direct it to the sender. The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure(s) or attachment(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Tech Mahindra.

This e-mail message including attachment/(s), if any, is believed to be free of any virus. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and Tech Mahindra is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: Users - Multiple Pricing for one Product

Andrew Sykes
Jaya,

Take a look in /catalog > PriceRules

You will see that you can set conditions and actions on prices.

In the conditions section, I'd suggest you use PartyGroups.

Then you can set an action to modify the price accordingly.

I hope that helps.