Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Hi,

When every you click on any lookup screen-->For eg consider LookupPartyName.
Without any search criteria if you click on Lookup button then it display all the party list...that is fine but at the bottom the counting start from the negative number.At my end it is giving "-19 - 0 of 461" and this problem is same for all the screens.

You can check this line on any screen widget.
<set field="viewIndex" from-field="requestParameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"/>
<set field="viewSize" from-field="requestParameters.VIEW_SIZE" type="Integer" default-value="20"/>

I am having the solution of this problem toooooooooooooooo :
Change the above first line in all the files to --:
<set field="viewIndex" from-field="requestParameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer" default-value="0"/>

I want to say here that you should provide the starting default value(i.e-- default-value="0") for viewIndex toooooooo.

If the problem is related to browser then plz let me know.(I m using Firefox1.0.7)

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Anybody of you noted this problem..................
For checking this problem go to Accounting-->Invoices and on this screen there is a field named "From Party ID" and there is lookup icon.Click on the Lookup icon and than Click on "Lookup" button and see the number started from negative "-19 - 0 of".I also provided its solution in my previous mail.

Please give some feedback ..................

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Its third day and no reply............Its amazing.
You people are getting this problem or not ?????????????

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Hans Bakker
Yes i know the problem is there, however i did not have the time yet to look
at it. On the other hand, it would be nice if you or anybody else could
support the project and send in a patch?

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 02:35, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> Its third day and no reply............Its amazing.
> You people are getting this problem or not ?????????????
Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Yes, be patient.... No one has the pleasure of doing OFBiz support and maintenance full time. The message has certainly been seen by every committer on the project. But, this sort of thing takes a bit of time to research and comment on, and finding a spare half hour is sometimes difficult...

-David

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> Its third day and no reply............Its amazing.
> You people are getting this problem or not ?????????????

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Hans Bakker
Asish,

what you can do is change the following line in the screen definition of the
related screen:

from:
<set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"/>

To:
<set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"
default-value="0"/>

This will solve the problem.
I will change it in the accounting module....

Hans

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 00:36, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:

> Anybody of you noted this problem..................
> For checking this problem go to Accounting-->Invoices and on this screen
> there is a field named "From Party ID" and there is lookup icon.Click on
> the Lookup icon and than Click on "Lookup" button and see the number
> started from negative "-19 - 0 of".I also provided its solution in my
> previous mail.
>
> Please give some feedback ..................
>
> Regards
> Ashish
Hans Bakker
ANT Websystems Co.,Ltd (http://www.antwebsystems.com)

If you want to verify that this message really originates from
from the above person, download the public key from:
http://www.antwebsystems.com/hbakkerAntwebsystems.asc

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

This may be a good way to avoid the problem temporarily, but shouldn't be considered a "fix" per-se... The code should (and used to...) default to 0 and not some crazy value. If no one beats me to it I'll look at this in a few days.

-David

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Asish,
>
> what you can do is change the following line in the screen definition of the
> related screen:
>
> from:
> <set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"/>
>
> To:
> <set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"
> default-value="0"/>
>
> This will solve the problem.
> I will change it in the accounting module....
>
> Hans
>
> On Tuesday 09 May 2006 00:36, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
>> Anybody of you noted this problem..................
>> For checking this problem go to Accounting-->Invoices and on this screen
>> there is a field named "From Party ID" and there is lookup icon.Click on
>> the Lookup icon and than Click on "Lookup" button and see the number
>> started from negative "-19 - 0 of".I also provided its solution in my
>> previous mail.
>>
>> Please give some feedback ..................
>>
>> Regards
>> Ashish

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Actually i was just thinking that it may be my browser based problem that's why i asked that anybody of you noted this problem .
I m not at all in hurry.
You take your time to figure out this issue.

Regards
Ashish

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

In SVN rev 7585 I fixed the way the form widget was calculating pagination values, so setting this default value is no longer necessary. I also cleaned up some stuff that was put in when this was initially implemented that may have caused problems when the same form was used at the same time by different users (was using shared variables in the ModelForm class...).

-David

Hans Bakker wrote:

> Asish,
>
> what you can do is change the following line in the screen definition of the
> related screen:
>
> from:
> <set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"/>
>
> To:
> <set field="viewIndex" from-field="parameters.VIEW_INDEX" type="Integer"
> default-value="0"/>
>
> This will solve the problem.
> I will change it in the accounting module....
>
> Hans
>
> On Tuesday 09 May 2006 00:36, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
>> Anybody of you noted this problem..................
>> For checking this problem go to Accounting-->Invoices and on this screen
>> there is a field named "From Party ID" and there is lookup icon.Click on
>> the Lookup icon and than Click on "Lookup" button and see the number
>> started from negative "-19 - 0 of".I also provided its solution in my
>> previous mail.
>>
>> Please give some feedback ..................
>>
>> Regards
>> Ashish

Re: Users - Negative number in Pagination---Problem and its Solution

Ashish Vijaywargiya-2
Yeah David its working fine now.
Excellent work.
You are Rock Man.