Users - OFBiz UI Widgets

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

Is there an alternative to creating UI from the provided widgets or hand coding in ftl? I am thinking in terms of something like Echo2 (http://www.nextapp.com/platform/echo2/echo/) or Zk (http://zk1.sourceforge.net/). Can something like that be added for presentation layer without affecting other parts of OFBiz?

Regards,

Vinay Agarwal

Re: Users - OFBiz UI Widgets

David E. Jones

Yes, any UI layer can be used along with the Service and Entity
layers of OFBiz, though of course the web oriented UI layer has some
nice things to make this more natural and convenient.

One good alternative is to use the existing OFBiz Control Servlet and
implement a view handler for the control servlet for whatever kind of
view generation tool you want to use. In fact, if you would like to
share those view handler implementations I imagine someone sometime
will get interested and use it and do other things with it as well.

The various view handler implementations that are used in each webapp
are listed at the top of each controller.xml file and you can use
those as examples (their full classpath locations are there).

-David

On Jan 14, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Vinay Agarwal wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Is there an alternative to creating UI from the provided widgets or
> hand coding in ftl? I am thinking in terms of something like Echo2
> (http://www.nextapp.com/platform/echo2/echo/) or Zk (http://
> zk1.sourceforge.net/). Can something like that be added for
> presentation layer without affecting other parts of OFBiz?
>

> Regards,
>
> Vinay Agarwal

Users - Best Process to Find Entities (and Their Exact Spelling) for Creating Seed Data

Vinay Agarwal
Hello,

I am trying to create some seed data. I am using the existing seed and demo
data as guide. It works well except for situations where I can not find an
example of that kind of data. What's the correct process to find the entity
id for that data? (I do have the book but that isn't helping either.)

Right now I am looking for contact mechanism--WEB_ADDRESS entity but I can't
seem to find it.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal