Users - POS module

Walter Vaughan
I am sure I missed this somewhere, but all I need this moment is a yes/no. Is it
possible from the POS system to use that java applet on a remote workstation and
connect to a server, or is only for use on the server?

If yes, where is the documented proceedure on doing this?

--
Walter

Re: Users - POS module

Andrew Sykes
Walter,

The intended setup with the POS stuff is to run a local server, if you
want to share the data, you would use the EntitySync stuff to sync the
data to a master copy which could be shared among multiple POS
instances.

The rationale behind this is that you don't want a network outage to
kill all your POS terminals.

Have a look in...
applications/pos/data/PosSyncSettings.xml
For more on POS entity syncing
--
Kind Regards
Andrew Sykes <[hidden email]>