Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Ruth Hoffman
If I want to add an option to apply payment charges to an existing
account (like a pre-paid account that the user already has set up with
the web store - but not a gift card), to my ecommerce store payment
page, would I use a Payment Method Type of "Billing Account"? What
exactly is  "Billing Account" suppose to be for?

What I'm looking for is a Payment Method Type that will show up as "bill
my existing account" on my checkout page and then lets me tie that to an
external billing system.

TIA
Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Jacopo Cappellato
Ruth,

billing accounts are what you need.
Go to the Accounting-->Billing accounts menu, create a new billing
account and, in the roles panel, link the billing account to the
customer in the role of "Bill to customer": in the checkout process the
new payment option will be shown to the user.

Jacopo

Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> If I want to add an option to apply payment charges to an existing
> account (like a pre-paid account that the user already has set up with
> the web store - but not a gift card), to my ecommerce store payment
> page, would I use a Payment Method Type of "Billing Account"? What
> exactly is  "Billing Account" suppose to be for?
>
> What I'm looking for is a Payment Method Type that will show up as "bill
> my existing account" on my checkout page and then lets me tie that to an
> external billing system.
>
> TIA
> Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Ruth Hoffman
Jacopo:
Thanks much!
Ruth

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

>Ruth,
>
>billing accounts are what you need.
>Go to the Accounting-->Billing accounts menu, create a new billing
>account and, in the roles panel, link the billing account to the
>customer in the role of "Bill to customer": in the checkout process the
>new payment option will be shown to the user.
>
>Jacopo
>
>Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>

>>If I want to add an option to apply payment charges to an existing
>>account (like a pre-paid account that the user already has set up with
>>the web store - but not a gift card), to my ecommerce store payment
>>page, would I use a Payment Method Type of "Billing Account"? What
>>exactly is  "Billing Account" suppose to be for?
>>
>>What I'm looking for is a Payment Method Type that will show up as "bill
>>my existing account" on my checkout page and then lets me tie that to an
>>external billing system.
>>
>>TIA
>>Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Ruth Hoffman
Hi Jacopo:
A follow up on your suggestion - while this works from the accounting
point of view, there are at least two places in the e-commerce checkout
process   where this type of payment is not checked for - and hence not
offered as an option to the user - regardless of how the store, product
or catalog is configured. It seems like my only option is, at a minimum,
to re-write the checkoutoptions.ftl, the equivalent quickcheckout.ftl
and the orderheader.ftl pages to account for this type of payment
method.  There may be other places where I will need to change things,
but so far, that is what I have discovered.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks for you help.
Ruth

Ruth Hoffman wrote:

>Jacopo:
>Thanks much!
>Ruth
>
>Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>

>>Ruth,
>>
>>billing accounts are what you need.
>>Go to the Accounting-->Billing accounts menu, create a new billing
>>account and, in the roles panel, link the billing account to the
>>customer in the role of "Bill to customer": in the checkout process the
>>new payment option will be shown to the user.
>>
>>Jacopo
>>
>>Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>>If I want to add an option to apply payment charges to an existing
>>>account (like a pre-paid account that the user already has set up with
>>>the web store - but not a gift card), to my ecommerce store payment
>>>page, would I use a Payment Method Type of "Billing Account"? What
>>>exactly is  "Billing Account" suppose to be for?
>>>
>>>What I'm looking for is a Payment Method Type that will show up as "bill
>>>my existing account" on my checkout page and then lets me tie that to an
>>>external billing system.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Jacopo Cappellato
Well,

I'm not a great expert of the ecommerce application; if I'm not wrong
there are three ways of doing the checkout:

1) standard (multi step) checkout: this should already show the billing
accounts available

2) quick checkout: I don't know if the billing accounts are shown here

3) anonymous checkout: billing accounts are not available for non logged
in users (and this is correct)

Are there any other places (apart from 2) where billing accounts are not
shown?

Jacopo

Ruth Hoffman wrote:

> Hi Jacopo:
> A follow up on your suggestion - while this works from the accounting
> point of view, there are at least two places in the e-commerce checkout
> process   where this type of payment is not checked for - and hence not
> offered as an option to the user - regardless of how the store, product
> or catalog is configured. It seems like my only option is, at a minimum,
> to re-write the checkoutoptions.ftl, the equivalent quickcheckout.ftl
> and the orderheader.ftl pages to account for this type of payment
> method.  There may be other places where I will need to change things,
> but so far, that is what I have discovered.
> Any thoughts on this?
> Thanks for you help.
> Ruth
>
> Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>
>> Jacopo:
>> Thanks much!
>> Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

David E. Jones

This list looks mostly correct, the billing accounts stuff should be shown in the three-column quick checkout page... There is some stuff in the FTL file for it.

-David

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Well,
>
> I'm not a great expert of the ecommerce application; if I'm not wrong
> there are three ways of doing the checkout:
>
> 1) standard (multi step) checkout: this should already show the billing
> accounts available
>
> 2) quick checkout: I don't know if the billing accounts are shown here
>
> 3) anonymous checkout: billing accounts are not available for non logged
> in users (and this is correct)
>
> Are there any other places (apart from 2) where billing accounts are not
> shown?
>
> Jacopo
>

> Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>> Hi Jacopo:
>> A follow up on your suggestion - while this works from the accounting
>> point of view, there are at least two places in the e-commerce checkout
>> process   where this type of payment is not checked for - and hence not
>> offered as an option to the user - regardless of how the store, product
>> or catalog is configured. It seems like my only option is, at a minimum,
>> to re-write the checkoutoptions.ftl, the equivalent quickcheckout.ftl
>> and the orderheader.ftl pages to account for this type of payment
>> method.  There may be other places where I will need to change things,
>> but so far, that is what I have discovered.
>> Any thoughts on this?
>> Thanks for you help.
>> Ruth
>>
>> Ruth Hoffman wrote:
>>
>>> Jacopo:
>>> Thanks much!
>>> Ruth

Re: Users - Payment Method Type = Billing Account

Ruth Hoffman
FYI - in the version I'm working with (73xx) the three-column quick
checkout doesn't do anything on behalf of billing accounts. Here is an
extract of what is in checkoutoptions.ftl:

<#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_OFFLINE?exists>

<#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_COD?exists>

<#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_WORLDPAY?exists>

<#if productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap.EXT_PAYPAL?exists>

Am I looking in the wrong place? Looking in
productStorePaymentMethodTypeIdMap I can see that the EXT_BILLACT is in
there, but nothing is done with it in the Freemarker template.

Thanks again,
Ruth