Users - Port setting 8080

Nguyen Minh Triet
Hi,

I have another Webapp that is running on port 8080 and so I changed
Ofbiz's configuration file so that port 8081 be used for Ofbiz's
applications.

However, certain links still point to port 8080 and I get an error
message.
For example, when I am in the Content->Content tab and then I click on
the Content->DataRessource tab I am brought to port 8080 instead of
8081...

http://srvlinuxdev10:8080/content/control/DataResource

As a test I changed the address's port setting to 8081 and am told that
I am not allowed to go 'directly' to this address.

Would this behavior indicate that I have not modified the configuration
files properly?

Thanks,
Minh

Re: Users - Port setting 8080

Hi Minh,

Had you took a look at :
http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf ?

Jacques

> I have another Webapp that is running on port 8080 and so I changed
> Ofbiz's configuration file so that port 8081 be used for Ofbiz's
> applications.
>
> However, certain links still point to port 8080 and I get an error
> message.
> For example, when I am in the Content->Content tab and then I click on
> the Content->DataRessource tab I am brought to port 8080 instead of
> 8081...
>
> http://srvlinuxdev10:8080/content/control/DataResource
>
> As a test I changed the address's port setting to 8081 and am told that
> I am not allowed to go 'directly' to this address.
>
> Would this behavior indicate that I have not modified the configuration
> files properly?
>
> Thanks,
> Minh

Re: Users - Port setting 8080

BJ Freeman
I did not see this in the pdf, some of the properties have 8080
hardcoded like
shipment.usps.connect.url=http://localhost:8080/facility/ShippingAPI.dll
so it is best to do a search for 8080 thru the complete ofbiz code.

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 2/1/06 3:03 PM:

> Hi Minh,
>
> Had you took a look at :
> http://www.undersunconsulting.com/static/OFBizBasicProductionSetup.pdf ?
>
> Jacques

Re: Users - Port setting 8080

David E. Jones

That's cute... looks like a case where the conventions in the project
didn't cover the need. This is actually fairly common with
configuration of the integration APIs. In this case, for example,
special configuration is required before the USPS Connect API can be
effectively used. If there is anything like that in the web apps it
should be fixed, and should be pretty easy to fix.

-David