Users - Product Price store groupid ?

oceatoon
Hello everyone

I have 2 questions , and I'm quite newish to ofbiz(3 weeks) so please be soft on me

I'm building an eCommerce site where the same categories and products are used by two different catalogs and Stores (Store1 and Store 2).
Prices on products will change according to the Showing Store, I beleive this is dealt with the "Product Store Groupid" in the price tab in the Product module. but I seem to be doing something wrong cause I can't get it to work? nothing happens in the front end in either stores with the same product?

I created two groupid with the data manager in the webtools and set them in my store definition. Then in my product > price I added a default price , for each storeGroupId
please tell me what I might be doing wrong ?
Am I not mistaken in the functionality of the storeGroupId?

My other question is about internationalisation on category names ?
has anybody managed to get this to work ?
I finally got it to work on products , but the same solution doesn't work on the category labels.

I greatly appreciate the help
Regards
Tibor

Re: Users - Product Price store groupid ?

Sebastien Ardrino
Hi,

I will try to answer for your first question.
You have 2 differents promblems: first price rule with product store
group id and not product store id, in fact you have to create product
store group id with webtools because you can't do it with aplication.
Second problem is that price rules can be used only with product wich
have list price. If your products have only default price rules will
never be applicated. (I don't know why there is this restriction).

Hope it will help you

Sébastien

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Hello everyone
>
> I have 2 questions , and I'm quite newish to ofbiz(3 weeks) so please
> be soft on me
>
> I'm building an eCommerce site where the same categories and products
> are used by two different catalogs and Stores (Store1 and Store 2).
> Prices on products will change according to the Showing Store, I
> beleive this is dealt with the "Product Store Groupid" in the price
> tab in the Product module. but I seem to be doing something wrong
> cause I can't get it to work? nothing happens in the front end in
> either stores with the same product?
>
> I created two groupid with the data manager in the webtools and set
> them in my store definition. Then in my product > price I added a
> default price , for each storeGroupId
> please tell me what I might be doing wrong ?
> Am I not mistaken in the functionality of the storeGroupId?
>
> My other question is about internationalisation on category names ?
> has anybody managed to get this to work ?
> I finally got it to work on products , but the same solution doesn't
> work on the category labels.
>
> I greatly appreciate the help
> Regards
> Tibor

Re: Users - Product Price store groupid ?

oceatoon
Thanks Sebastion for you help

I will try to answer for your first question.
You have 2 differents promblems: first price rule with product store
group id and not product store id, in fact you have to create product
store group id with webtools

Maybe I explained it wrong but that part is ok .

Second problem is that price rules can be used only with product wich
have list price. If your products have only default price rules will
never be applicated. (I don't know why there is this restriction).

I have tried now with two list prices on my article one for GroupStoreId1 and the other for GroupStoreId2 . but  when I look at the product in the front end for each of these stores website nothing at all appears ?
Is there a mandatory default price to set up for each store for this Product?

Thanks for your help

tibor katelbach wrote:

> Thanks Sebastion for you help
>
>     I will try to answer for your first question.
>     You have 2 differents promblems: first price rule with product store
>     group id and not product store id, in fact you have to create product
>     store group id with webtools
>

> Maybe I explained it wrong but that part is ok .

No your explication was good but it was just for repeat this point.

>     Second problem is that price rules can be used only with product wich
>     have list price. If your products have only default price rules will
>     never be applicated. (I don't know why there is this restriction).
>

> I have tried now with two list prices on my article one for
> GroupStoreId1 and the other for GroupStoreId2 . but  when I look at
> the product in the front end for each of these stores website nothing
> at all appears ?
> Is there a mandatory default price to set up for each store for this
> Product?

For this point I can't help you because I never used GroupStoreId, but
service calculateProductPrice looks good for this point. Are you sure
you send right parametes?
One point that can do problems is currency verify that your price
currency is good.

> Thanks for your help
> Tibor

Sebastien