Users - Running OFBiz on MacBookPro and Java5 ?

Users - Running OFBiz on MacBookPro and Java5 ?

Charles So-2
Hello,

I ran a quick test on a new MBP 2.0GHz, and the result seems to be very
good.

Compiling OFBiz using the latest trunk, java 1.4.2_09 on :
1) G4/400 1.2GB RAM takes                    35 mins
2) MBP/2GHz 1GB RAM takes                    1min 35 sec

Ummm.... anyone get similar result? I can now finally do some serious
OFBiz'ing.

As the new Intel native Java5 has just been released, I expect the
performance to be even better.

Understand that someone got OFBiz running in Java5 with special config,
so my questions are :

Is anyone developing OFBiz on the new Intel Macs? Tried running it using
the new Java5 for Intel?

Charles

Re: Users - Running OFBiz on MacBookPro and Java5 ?

Ray Barlow
When you say "Compiling" do you include the Derby database creation i.e.
ant run-install ?

I'll assume you do and just comment for the archives again that although
Derby is nice and easy out of the box you will be better off doing the
simple switch in entityengine.xml to something like postgres and getting
the JDBC drivers.

For me on this laptop, AMD64/3200 800 1GB - ubuntu, "ant run-install"
from clean takes 22 mins using Derby, but the likes of postgres and hsql
take minutes.

Ray